"Wadey" as he is known around the world had a remarkable international career, including the Olympic Games, 2 World Cup campaigns and one of the toughest tasks in world football to "mark Diego Maradona" (probably the best player in the world at that time) in the two legged world cup play off with Argentina.In a career with over 100 appearances for his country Paul Wade also won two National Soccer League championships and was voted NSL player of the year in 1988. 46 of his 84 first class international matches were as captain of the Socceroos.His passion for the game carried on after his retirement to both extensive work in the media as an expert TV presenter and in a variety of junior development roles.
- The World Game - Soccer
- World Cup
It is without any reservations that I provide this testimonial for Paul Wade. His contribution to a recent AMP conference was first class and his ability to combine his experience as an international footballer and national team captain with a strong learning environment was a big winner with our delegates. I find Paul extremely good to work with and his demeanour and passion certainly show through in his presentation. I am happy to recommend him for any company or group who is looking to encourage their employees or team members to excel at what they do.
Steve Helmich, AMP Director – Financial Planning, Advice & Services
"Very Good! Paul was great, he fully engaged the audience in his passion for soccer and the success the Socceroos are having in the World Cup."
Property Council of Australia
He was a HUGE hit. Never before had I seen such a reaction to a guest speaker with people lined up for autographs and photos. He certainly made our event for us! His speech was funny, educational and more than anything inspirational. He appealed to everyone, whether they knew about soccer or not. His speech was funny and yet at the same time he made some very poignant reminders about life and the way we should approach it. In a relaxed way Paul was also able to inspire us all to do better in particular in our chosen fields.
Paul was a great entertainer. A very excitable man who gave us an insight into his dreams and goals. He was very inspirable.
Paul Wade was brilliant. He had to address an audience of boys and girls aged 6 to 18 plus their parents and teachers. During his entertaining address he reached every attendee with his humility, passion, wit and wisdom.
Best Practice Pty Ltd
“It is my pleasure to provide a reference for Paul Wade, who presented at our recent AFG 2010 Professional Development Day.The Day, themed “Taking Responsibility”, featured Paul presenting to over 220 of our best brokers and his performance will long live in their memory.The feedback from Paul’s session was overwhelming, with over 97% of our members surveyed rating Paul’s performance with a score of 5 out of a possible 5. The other 3% rated Paul at 4 out of 5.The use of his past experiences on and off the field related well to our business professionals and we certainly would have no hesitation in recommending Paul or using him for future events.An all round great performance that motivated our members to take responsibility for their own business and the results they achieve.
Chris Slater - NSW/ACT State Manager – AFG