- Nick Marvin's transformation of the Wildcats is a well-known story that highlights turn-around management principles that can be applied in any organisation.
- Since 1998, Nick has practiced as a consultant specialising in turn-around management.
- He won Rolling Stone Magazine’s national writing award as a journalist and recently authored Effort, a children’s illustrated book.
- He spent the last 12 years working for two of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs – Jack Bendat and Andrew Forrest.
- He is listed in The West Australian’s 100 Most influential West Australians (2015/2016).
- Putting people first
Understanding how people perform as individuals and with each other. Maximising strengths and minimising weaknesses in a team to achieve success.
- Power of purpose
How a compelling purpose transformed a sporting franchise. Understanding the environment, clarifying comparative competence and creating value.
- Performance without compromise
How we perform is just as important as profit. Using Appropriate information, Execution Empowerment and Meaningful controls to ensure ethical performance.
Nick is an engaging presenter and facilitated a powerful session with 50 of our hospital leaders. His stories of living and leading from a values-base are both inspiring and challenging. The lessons Nick shared with our team have had an ongoing impact throughout the organisation. Nick communicates with conviction reinforced by research and lived experience. His message cuts through the noise that often fills our minds (and hearts) and rings true as a guide to living authentically and effectively as leaders in work and indeed, all of life.