- Neryl was a Military Police Officer in the Australian Army.
- The first female Army officer to be qualified in Combat Close Personal Protection.
- Worked as a Private Security Contractor in Iraq and was employed by US security company Blackwater.
- Wrote Mercenary Mum, a biography detailing her journey from young mother to Baghdad Bodyguard.
- Has appeared on such shows as Channel 10’s Studio 10, Channel 9’s A Current Affair and the Today Show, and Channel 7’s Today Tonight Program.
- Has made numerous radio appearances including the ABC’s Conversations with Richard Fidler and 2 GB’s Drive with Ben Fordham.
- Has signed a contract with a Hollywood heavyweight to have her life story adapted into a TV series or movie.
- Mercenary Mum
A gripping and tragic story referencing leadership, organisational culture and adversity in a challenging and high stakes environment. Neryl will take you on a journey where every decision has a risk and every action can have a devastating consequence. Follow her story as she takes you from training to be a Jedi warrior as a child, to protecting VIPs on the streets of war-torn Baghdad. Experience the raw emotion; but more importantly, discover something about yourself and the everyday superhero within.
- Importance of ethical leadership
- Importance of team training and preparing for unknown events
- Women in leadership/ Women in male dominated industry/ Empowering women
- Overcoming adversity and thriving
- Organisational culture
- Assessing risk in the workplace
Neryl was an incredibly engaging presenter, who had everyone rapt from the minute she started speaking. Her keynote was funny, insightful, shocking and inspiring. We couldn't have asked for a better speaker. She was a delight to work with and very accommodating of our needs - modifying her presentation to fit our run sheets and taking part in a panel discussion with short notice. Thank you Neryl!
Neryl delivered a fabulous presentation with the right out of humour, sarcasm, wit and insight which had our audience full engrossed with a mixture of laughs, tears and awe.
Neryl was most pleasant and down to earth. She kept our audience captivated and her story was like a good novel - full of twists and turns. Fantastic presentation especially to a forum of ladies.