Neryl Joyce Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Neryl Joyce
- Neryl Joyce was a Military Police Officer in the Australian Army.
- She was the first female Army officer to be qualified in Combat Close Personal Protection.
- She worked as a Private Security Contractor in Iraq and was employed by US security company Blackwater.
- Neryl Joyce wrote Mercenary Mum, a biography detailing her journey from young mother to Baghdad Bodyguard.
- She has appeared on such shows as Channel 10’s Studio 10, Channel 9’s A Current Affair and the Today Show, and Channel 7’s Today Tonight Program.
- Neryl Joyce has made numerous radio appearances including the ABC’s Conversations with Richard Fidler and 2 GB’s Drive with Ben Fordham.
- Neryl has signed a contract with a Hollywood heavyweight to have her life story adapted into a TV series or movie.
Topics for Neryl Joyce
- Mercenary Mum
A gripping and tragic story referencing leadership, organisational culture and adversity in a challenging and high stakes environment. Neryl Joyce will take you on a journey where every decision has a risk and every action can have a devastating consequence. Follow her story as she takes you from training to be a Jedi warrior as a child, to protecting VIPs on the streets of war-torn Baghdad. Experience the raw emotion; but more importantly, discover something about yourself and the everyday superhero within.
- Importance of ethical leadership
- Importance of team training and preparing for unknown events
- Women in leadership/ Women in male dominated industry/ Empowering women
- Overcoming adversity and thriving
- Organisational culture
- Assessing risk in the workplace
Testimonials for Neryl Joyce
Neryl Joyce was engaging and proved an amazing individual in the face of adversity.
Neryl Joyce was warm, funny, strong and open in her presentation. She contextualised her story to meet our conference theme- Choose to Challenge. Participants were engaged and inspired by Neryl's story of courage. Thanks.
State School Teachers Union of Western Australia (SSTUWA)
Neryl had a powerful story and was both very approachable and down to earth. She was interactive and her presentation was a combination of humour and tough life issues which left the audience feeling inspired.
Neryl Joyce was an incredibly engaging presenter, who had everyone rapt from the minute she started speaking. Her keynote was funny, insightful, shocking and inspiring. We couldn't have asked for a better speaker. She was a delight to work with and very accommodating of our needs - modifying her presentation to fit our run sheets and taking part in a panel discussion with short notice. Thank you Neryl!
Neryl Joyce delivered a fabulous presentation with the right out of humour, sarcasm, wit and insight which had our audience full engrossed with a mixture of laughs, tears and awe.
Neryl Joyce was most pleasant and down to earth. She kept our audience captivated and her story was like a good novel - full of twists and turns. Fantastic presentation especially to a forum of ladies.