- Moira Kelly AO is a well-known and loved international humanitarian and global peace maker.
- In 2012, she received the Victorian of the Year award, and in 2003 and 2004 she was nominated for the Australian of the Year awards.
- Moira’s latest project is the Moira Kelly Creating Hope Foundation, a charity which in her own words, takes on humanitarian causes that are in the ‘too hard’ basket.
- A documentary film, A Compassionate Rage, was produced about Moira’s work, and followed her over an 18-month period whilst on missions overseas.
- In 2001, she was awarded the Order of Australia, the Prime Minister's Award for outstanding community service and a White Flame Award given by Save the Children to recognise outstanding service to disadvantaged children.
- In 2009 Moira was one of four Australians to receive the ANZAC of the Year award.
- Humanitarian works - supporting disadvantaged children
- Wherever there is the greatest evil, the greatest good can be achieved
- Make the world a better place
- Overcoming adversity
- Social responsibility
Moira was extremely personal and heart-warming. Very well received by the audience.
Swinburne Secondary College
I've heard a lot of top speakers and Moira Kelly is amongst them. A natural speaker, she held me absolutely riveted by her story and sent me home both moved and totally inspired. Moira is a woman of passion and compassion, a woman of action, yet simple and authentic. Her story is both compelling and immediately relevant in today's world situation.
Moira Kelly is an outstanding woman with a heart of gold and an enthusiastic down-to-earth manner. Her very genuine soul shines through her presentation, which is full of enthusiasm and very voluble. She held the audience spellbound and we could hear a pin drop as she told wonderful stories of the deprived children and families she has helped. I would have no hesitation in recommending Moira as an inspirational speaker to any age group or organisation.
Excellent. Moira’s natural charm, passion and commitment to ‘her path’ was and is, inspirational. As a Keynote speaker particularly at the conclusion of a full and exciting day for delegates Moira was everything we could have hoped for and more. Moira’s clear and focused love for ‘her children’ touched the hearts and minds of all 997 people in the audience. She has a great capacity to reach in and unlock the deeper compassion of her audience, which she does with such enthusiasm and humility. A ‘not to be missed’ speaker.