- Mark McConville is a professional comedian and MC for over 21 years, working around Australia and internationally for corporate clients as well as P & O and Carnival Cruises.
- Qualified with a Graduate Certificate in Suicide Prevention Studies and a Masters Degree in Suicidology, and is Adjunct Lecturer at AISRAP Griffith University.
- Mark’s Laughter Clinic keynote or workshop can be easily tailored to suit each clients’ individual requirements, including the insertion of key client messages.
- Marks HALE Program for the treatment of stress, anxiety and depression is a world-first in combining humour and laughter education with suicide prevention.
- Mark has presented his Laughter Clinic to clients such as Ramsay Health Care; Brisbane Airport Corporation, QUT and the QLD Police Force to name but a few.
- Television appearances, 7 News QLD, 9 News QLD, and the Comedy Channel. Regular On-Air contributor to ABC Radio QLD for Mental Health information.
- Stand-Up Comedian
30-40 minute corporate comedy performance
- MC and Facilitator
Professional, funny and engaging
- Mental Health and Well-Being
The Laughter Clinic keynote contains valuable information and exercises centred around mental wellness while also educating on the health benefits of laughter
- Employee Engagement and Resilience Training
The Laughter Clinic keynote encourages interpersonal interaction in relationships, increases group identity, solidarity and cohesiveness
- Information about Suicide Prevention Tools and Risk Identification
The Laughter Clinic keynote can be customised to the clients request as to how much information on this topic is included or excluded
Mark did both the MC role and our key entertainment on the night and his expertise in this role as MC made the night just that much easier and more professional and his comedy spot had our guests crying for more. If you are looking for a great Aussie comedian or Master of ceremonies Mark McConville is worth booking, you will not be disappointed.
QLD Branch President
Tram and Bus Union
His comedy act was absolutely brilliant. He read the group very well and ensured that the content was appropriate and humorous. He certainly put the icing on an enjoyable day.
Williment Sports Travel
His attention to detail, presentation and planning was exceptional.
Advance Electrical Wholesalers
Mark was fantastic!!! What a great way to end a long productive day!
Amazing Clean Head Office
From the moment you started your MC role and welcomed the members of this VIP group, it was obvious that everyone was in for a very enjoyable evening. I particularly loved the way you interacted with everyone in the room. Thank you so much for your great contribution to an enjoyable and memorable evening.
Tourism Development Department
Ipswich City Council
We were very happy and our awards dinner was a great success. Mark was fantastic.
Raine & Horne Real Estate
A job very well done, we want him back!
Mark was very professional and a pleasure to work with, his style was very embracing and down to earth. For a tough crowd he certainly nailed it, the feedback was fantastic!
Queensland Newsagents Federation
Unfortunately I wasn’t onsite to experience him first hand but apparently our delegates loved him!
Thank you for a great nights’ entertainment at our Sports Dinner. Everybody absolutely loved your act.
St Clair Junior Rugby League Club
I can’t believe how funny this guy really is. I think I wet myself.
Aged Care Facility Patron
Thank you so much for delivering such a very professional seminar/presentation in such a sensitive manner. You made 'clever comedy' into compassionate humour for the soul :) It was an amazing experience to sit in another role and to appreciate the integration of your newly acquired academic knowledge in suicide prevention with your 'other passion' for comedy and laughter. Entertainment has just been taken to another level in the field of suicidology.
Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention Griffith University
Running a national health and community focused conference we engaged Mark to present our closing plenary session, and he certainly delivered on our brief. He successfully balanced comedy, audience engagement and facts to highlight the positive impacts humour can have on mental health. Mark brought a wealth of professionalism, knowledge, personal stories and supporting research to the session and his preparation ensured he spoke to the needs of our audience, while showcasing our conference theme. We would highly recommend Mark and his ‘Laughter Clinic’ to anyone wanting to raise awareness of mental health and Suicidology, gain practical tips and strategies to increase laughter in their lives and in the lives of family, friends and colleagues , all while having some fun along the way.
Event Manager & Marketing Coordinator
Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) Quality Innovation Performance (QIP) and QIP Consulting
I recently attended one of Mark’s Laughter Clinics and was captivated from start to finish. Mark’s comical skills and confidence with the audience shine through in his delivery, and I love his passion of reminding people to laugh more often. Educational and guaranteed to leave a smile on your face!
Shambhala United Network Inc.