- Lydia Lassila OAM is an entrepreneur, mother and one of Australia’s Winter Olympic greats.
- Lydia has competed at five Winter Olympic Games in aerial skiing, including gold at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010 and bronze at the Sochi Olympics in 2014. She has had numerous World Cup wins and podium finishes. She most recently competed at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics in South Korea.
- She was the first woman in history to perform a quad twisting somersault.
- Lydia has been honoured throughout her career and just some of her accolades include winner of the Don award, Athlete of the Year by the Australian Institute of Sport, Ski and Snowboard Australia Athlete of the Year and the Order of Australia Medal.
- Notably, Lydia is the subject of feature documentary film The Will To Fly (2016) which chronicles her life and sporting pursuits.
- She was a ‘Champion’ participant on Australian Survivor.
- Planning to win and the courage to see it through
- Identifying your purpose
- Mind skills for self improvement
- Goal mapping and meeting deadlines
- Overcoming fear and adversity
- Maximising your potential and striving for excellence
- Accepting accountability and defining your limits
- Working as an individual and in a team
- Work/life balance
- Decision making
- Managing risk
Lydia engaged our audience in a very unique way. Her presentation had a very deep and emotional feel that definitely had the audience in awe of her tenacious spirit and never give in attitude. She definitely inspired out audience and set a great tone for the meeting.
General Manager - Automobiles
Suzuki Australia Pty Ltd
Lydia, many thanks for last week. Your session was really great and the feedback is awesome. You have seriously been inspiring, including for me
Vice President Australia-New Zealand
WOW, my hairs on my arms were standing up as Lydia spoke. Lydia, not only engaged the audience at our Sports Awards Night, she connected and inspired them through her ability to be down to earth. It's a true gift to share your personal journey of setbacks and triumphs to people you don't know. Lydia is the perfect speaker for any audience.
Melton City Council
Thank you for coming and sharing your aerials journey with us, I found extremely valuable and inspiring. Since starting aerials in 2012 I have looked up to you and your training ethic, and I envisioned myself standing on the Olympic Podium with a gold medal just like you! From talking to you I learnt many ways on how to improve and develop my aerials career. You are my inspiration and thanks to you I now have a raging fire in my belly to go out there, work hard and achieve my dreams!
Development Aerial Skier
Australian Ski Team
Had a wide range of people, aged from 11-80 and 20 different sports. Everyone rapt on her presentation.
Sporting Legends Club