- In July 2005, Louise Yaxley's life took an unexpected turn.
- Life changed forever for Louise whilst she was training with her teammates, the Australian Institute of Sport Women's Road Cycling Team, in preparation for the World Championships.
- On a quiet country road, an oncoming, out of control car hit the entire team of six and left them scattered on the road.
- In an instant Louise lost her friend and teammate Amy Gillett, and was herself within minutes of bleeding to death on the back roads of Germany.
- In a presentation that is powerful, emotional and impactful, Louise shares a heartfelt story that covers the full spectrum of emotions, from forgiveness, loss and depression, to motivation, determination and success.
- Story of forgiveness, loss and depression, to motivation, determination and success
- AIS athlete
Over 300 hard nosed businessman from across the trades and hardware, and not a dry eye in the house, she was powerful, engaging and an inspiration.
John Danks & Son
250 Office professionals, you could hear a pin drop and then the room broke into applause.
Australian Institute of Office Professionals
One of the best speakers I have seen for years, natural and powerful. A story about the power of the human spirit.
author of Never Give-Up and professional speaker
In my 28 year career in the Plumbing & Building industry, I have heard many of guest speakers, at various types of conferences. Louise, you have taken first place !! Having over 400 people in the audience, I have never heard silence like it before, along with the Tears. Your journey is the epitome of courage, coupled with extreme sadness, you are an inspiration to all.
Everhard Industries Pty Ltd
A very good speaker, authentic, real and highly engaging – the audience spontaneously applauded during the presentation.
One of the most heavily engaged speakers in Australia
Your moving story was so inspirational and made each and every one really access what it truly important in life (our family and our life). On what I’m sure is a difficult story to retell not to mention in front of so many faces, you truly captivated the audience & so naturally. Our committee received so much wonderful feedback about you. Well done Louise!!
Australian Women Of The Year Awards
Louise has a great story of inspiration and overcoming adversity to tell. She held the audience in total silence with many emotionally touched by her story. Louise was fantastic.
AMCA - Air Conditioning & Mechanical