Libbi Gorr Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Libbi Gorr
- Libbi Goor’s multi-faceted career has encompassed radio, television, print and live performance as writer, performer and producer, after realising – despite impressive credentials – she would be hopeless at law.
- Libbi garnered a huge audience as the top rating Weekends host at ABC Radio Melbourne. You may also have seen her reports for News Breakfast, ABC 7.30 and ABC News.
- As an MC Libbi is assured, witty, smart and professional. Every event Libbi is part of is drenched with warmth heart and humour. She is one of the most experienced celebrity MC’s in Australia today having hosted hundreds of events, conferences and awards shows.
- Libbi also brings her acclaimed skills in interviewing and facilitation making her one of the most adept and broad ranging hosts in the country.
- As a speaker Libbi delivers highly entertaining and engaging keynote speeches and after dinner talks about carving her unique life through show biz and a woman in comedy and show biz.
- Her keynote centres around her experience as 90’s Australian and international screen It Girl “Elle McFeast” – a parody of beauty and power in the Country at that time. She talks about taking informed and creative risks to succeed in life and what it really means to have it all. Her Keynote is jam packed with insider stories from an extraordinary life in the limelight and what it takes to survive in the cutthroat world of show biz.
- Libbi Gorr has authored two books: Mummy Manners and The Bedtime Poem for Edible Children.
- Her TV portfolio include: Live and Sweaty, McFeast, McFeast: Live from the Bowels of Parliament House. Breasts, Sex Guys and Videotape, My Big Bottom, The Whitlam Dismissal (all ABC), What Women Want (Channel 10) and The IF Awards (SBS) and The Catch Up ( Channel 9).
Topics for Libbi Gorr
- Wellness balance and communication - Adlib your life!
- Re-evaluating achievable goals in life
- Understanding of the complexities of work-life balance
- Re-enforcement of the importance of laughter as a management tool
- Confidence of creating your own life path
- Understanding that what you may see as your greatest flaws are your greatest strengths - it's your uniqueness that makes you successful in life
- Mummy matters (for school events - parent focussed)
Based on Libbi's hilarious book Mummy Matters: An Etiquette Guide for Dealing With Other Children's Mothers and Assorted Dilemmas. The audience will experience
- A sense of community
- Shared experience
- Encouragement to network and build strong bonds between parents
- Master of Ceremonies
Testimonials for Libbi Gorr
The best MC we’ve ever had.
National Association for Women in Construction
The perfect choice, winning the audience over with her wit and charm.
St Kilda Film Festival Closing Night
Libbi Gorr really lifted the Vic Health Awards this year, making it the best Ceremony yet.
The architects love you and so do we.
Australian Institute of Architects, Victorian Chapter
Libbi Gorr did a magnificent job… fantastic.
Wow – Did Libbi Gorr light up the room ! Hilarious and authentic – fantastic.
City of Boorondara
We had a fantastic End of Year Event with Libbi Gorr as our M.C. She ensured the energy in the room was positive and upbeat at all times. Kept everyone entertained all night.
John Holland Construction Group
Libbi Gorr was outstanding as MC and panel moderator for the launch of our new salt reformulation guide for Australia’s food manufacturers. She was passionate, witty and engaged with the panel to build a compelling narrative for change with the insights from the food industry panellists. Libbi’s ability to pull together responses to make a clear message of collective efforts and the importance of everyone working together to unpack the salt was rated highly by our audience. Thank you Libbi for “getting in the salt mines” with us and helping us to showcase, inspire and encourage food manufacturers to keep doing good work to halt the salt and make our food supply healthier.
Food Industry Liaison
Libbi Gorr was an absolute delight to work with and have on stage to MC our annual Awards Dinner. She controlled and entertained a notoriously rowdy crowd of nearly 800 dinner guests with ease and we heard nothing but praise from guests. Her ad-lib was perfectly timed, witty and appropriate; the crowd loved her.
Australian Institute of Architects - Vic Chapter
Libbi Gorr MC'd our industry award presentation dinner and she did an outstanding job. She was the best MC we have ever had and just went with whatever we threw at her. Nothing was too much trouble and last minute changes were taken in her stride. Thank you Libbi for an outstanding job on Friday night. We have rave reviews from committee and guests alike and many compliments on your performance....
National Association for Women in Construction
The architects love you, and so do we. Thank you so much for all your efforts on Friday night. Your professionalism and talent were not only a big contributor to making the night such a success, but also in helping me settle my own nerves. Thank you so much for helping to make the evening run so well. Hopefully, we can have a successful repeat next year.Australian Institute of Architects - Vic Chapter
Libbi Gorr hosted our 26th Annual Catalogue Awards to an audience of over 700 people at the MCEC, Melbourne. A difficult crowd that required a bit of 'poetry'. Libbi was well-prepared and researched. The crowd loved her entertainment .... a hit.CEO
Australasian Catalogue Association
Libbi Gorr was warm and engaging as MC, and was fabulous at removing any tension in the room ahead of the Awards being announced. She was professional, kept the presentation running to time, and made sure she knew how to pronounce any difficult names! She was also very funny. We received excellent feedback from the audience and l have no hesitation in recommending Libbi.
Australian Interior Design Awards
Libbi Gorr was the MC at our Australian Government Legal Network Conference, attended by 260 government lawyers from across the APS. Libbi was funny, engaging, and shared entertaining anecdotes from her own experiences. Thank you Libbi for making our attendees feel so comfortable and helping our day run so seamlessly.
AGLN Conference Organisers
Libbi Gorr is the ultimate professional. She made it her business to understand the audience and us. Her content was appropriate and made the evening run smoothly. Most importantly she was very, very funny.
Australian Workers' Union, Victorian Branch
Thanks to Libbi Gorr for another fabulous job. She really is the professional who handles everything put in front of her with poise and sassy good humour. She really brought out the best in less confident presenters and award recipients allowing them to shine. I Do hope l have the opportunity to work with Libbi again.
National Association for Women In Construction
What a fantastic end of year event with Libbi Gorr as our Master of Ceremonies. She ensured the energy of the room was positive and upbeat at all times. Libbi carried the schedule really well, making sure all speeches were on time and kept everyone entertained through the formalities of the night.
John Holland Group
Wow, your hilarious piece at our Mother's Day Dinner was perfect! Thank you so much, not only for being prepared to come on board, but for the amazing research you put in to embrace the culture of the School. The feedback has been amazing and you have now set the bar very high for our future events!
Parents & Friends Association
Caulfield Grammar School
Libbi Gorr was terrific. Moree certainly knows she was here, as the women haven’t stopped raving about her! She hit the nail on the head for a lot of women …She is a very interesting in-depth person who is very knowledgeable and it shows.
NSW Department of Housing
Libbi Gorr was perfect
What Women Want, Daily Telegraph
Libbi Gorr builds a wonderful rapport with audiences and is extremely professional to work with.
The Gallery received excellent feedback on your thoroughly enjoyable presentation. You were an absolute delight to work with. We'd love to call on your expertise again…. and, we will!
Art Gallery of New South Wales
On behalf of Carnivale, thanks for bringing your fragile humanity and cutting wit to the stage of the Enmore Theatre and making the night a hoot - it was A+. You one the most thoughtful and engaging (& funny) orators in the media. I thought your summation song ripped!!!!
Libbi Gorr was out-bloody-standing. She had the audience in the palm of her hand within seconds and gave the night such a professional edge that everyone (even our harshest critics) were absolutely enthralled. Libbi also gave some personal time (without being asked) to support the unprofessional presenters and they were so grateful that they could hardly speak. In short, it was probably the most exciting, professional and memorable event we have run and I contribute a significant portion of the credit to Libbi. On top of all that, she is a genuinely friendly, smart and witty person whose company is a delight.
Corporate Support & Events, Institute of Public Administration Australia (Qld Division)
Enormous success… a performance of great humour, sensitivity, intelligence and integrity…. a brilliantly constructed script that surprised, challenged and delighted all…. a wonderfully shrewd commentator….moments of great poignancy..both miraculous and affecting…. unique moments of “magic” that made for a very special and memorable evening.
2003 Australian Dance Awards
Libbi Gorr did her job with heart. She has high emotional intelligence and that was evident in the way she injected a touch of herself into the agenda and really connected with the audience. She really engaged with all levels of people at our event and made the people on stage feel comfortable and in fact, drew out some of their stories that we otherwise would not have got to hear. Libbi was a warm and charming host and performed her MC role with professionalism and style. We want to say thank you to Libbi for being part of our special night recognising the work of an amazing group of people.
Cathy Broaders, Hesta