Lauren Burns OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Lauren Burns OAM
- Lauren Burns OAM created sporting history by winning the first Olympic Gold Medal for Taekwondo when the sport made its debut at the Sydney 2000 Olympics and she was one of only 3 Australian women to win an individual Gold medal alongside Cathy Freeman and Susie O’Neill.
- Her autobiography, Fighting Spirit, was listed in the Sydney Morning Herald as a number one best selling sports book.
- She was inducted in the the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in 2017.
- Lauren has a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) and is in the final stages of her PhD on Lifestyle and Mindset (where he work won the RMIT Vice-Chancellor’s Prize for Research Impact) and works closely with the Australian Institute of Sport both with their Gold Medal Ready program and with their research Institute.
- In her presentations, she links stories from her Olympic journey and her understanding as a health professional with practical strategies for audiences and and organisations.
- Lauren's holistic lifestyle strategies drive real change and impact and challenge audiences to grow and stretch.
- As an MC, Lauren has a warm and relaxed style and bring many years of experience to the stage.
Topics for Lauren Burns OAM
- What can be imagined can be achieved - Keynote
- Transforming stories into practical life strategies.
- Audience participation with fun taekwondo moves and an audience member breaking boards.
- Active Taekwondo Workshop - Workshop 1
- Fun and interactive taekwondo workshop.
- All participants break boards.
- Links to personal purpose.
- High Performance Living - Be your best self - Workshop 2
- Performance, Mindset, Relationships, Lifestyle.
- Strategies to structure, balance and energise.
- Grow and stretch, leaning in to discomfort.
- Improve personal relationships for wellbeing, stress and performance.
- Mood food workshop
How food impacts our energy, mood & mental health Lauren is a degree qualified Naturopath and Nutritionist and has always been passionate about complementary medicine and wholefoods.
She studied naturopathy alongside training for the Olympic Games and incorporated many principles and naturopathic teachings into her
training and diet regimine which she attributes to her success at the Games. Her cookbook Food from a Loving Home is a collection
of her favourite recipes.
Continuing her passion for food as medicine, she lectured Medicinal Food Science. at Endeavour College of Natural Medicine.
Focusing on the scientific link between food and mood, and Lauren's take-home message of ‘Eat the Rainbow', this presentation is fun
and engaging. Participants learn life skills and knowledge they can incorporate directly into their own lives and kitchens.
- Elevating potential
As a qualified health professional, Lauren combines her experience in elite sport, health and nutrition with her Doctoral research in lifestyle, mindset and interpersonal relationships, to assist you in finding your own personal rhythm, clarity and road-map for any life stage.
This is your chance to work one-on-one with an Olympic gold medallist and qualified health professional, who is dedicated to
assisting you achieve direction, purpose, self-belief and strategies for self-care, vitality and implementation of goals.
Personalised performance and lifestyle sessions can help you:
- To create healthy habits which support you into the future.
- Provide an individualised health plan for your own personalised rhythm and life stage.
- Create a roadmap that matches your vision for the life you want, short and long term.
- Understand your unique strengths and values.
Set clear achievable goals which are aligned to your values and which inspire and motivate you.
- Support you in achieving milestones in your personal and work life.
- Provide accountability to commit to goals and ways to work toward achieving them.
- Create strategies to use your time more effectively.
Provide nourishing recipes and recommendations for healthy meals.
- Empower you with skills and strategies to steer your own ship with clarity and purpose.
- Master of ceremonies
Having spent many years delivering engaging, entertaining and memorable keynote talks in Australia and around the world, Lauren is now available to MC events. She is one of Australia's best female sports MCs.
Testimonials for Lauren Burns OAM
Lauren Burns was very engaging and everything ran very smoothly.
St Joseph's College
10 out 10….Lauren was an absolute pleasure to work with – she took the time to understand our event, communicate with our team beforehand and on the night was able to read the vibe in the room exceptionally well. Throughout the evening Lauren was able to seamlessly navigate any changes to schedule or tweak the script as she went. Through personal anecdotes Lauren engaged with our guests and was able to inject her own personality and warmth into the evening. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Lauren for your next event.
Director Media & Communications
Australian Sports Commission
Still refreshing and exciting.
Municipal Works Officers Association
Excellent. As our athlete who thanked Lauren said after her speech, I can not speak for anyone else but ‘I am inspired, Thank you.’ From my personal view point after organising 7 annual awards night I can say she was the best speaker we have had. a true champion who really related to the audience and was very giving of here time.
Northern Inland Academy of Sport
A young, energetic and articulate person. Lauren was well spoken, talked to the audience, gave colourful examples which made the audience laugh, as well as making our function a success.
Excellent. Lauren has an outstanding story to tell and is generous with her medal, autographs, photographs etc. I strongly recommend her.
Excellent. More than a draw card, Lauren is interesting, natural & relaxed as a presenter and has some great stories regarding pushing oneself & overcoming obstacles.
Excellent. Lauren was a perfect choice for this event. Her delivery and ‘story telling’ ability made for an enthralling 40 minutes. Most importantly she was completely ‘real’.
Your inspirational message to our guests was first class and really sealed for us a great night of recognition, for the top achievers in our Dealer network. I know that our people will benefit from your experience and can only hope that some of them can “dare to dream”, and achieve just as you have done.
Lauren is a warm and articulate person whose message of commitment to a goal is very appropriate to our business. Lauren vividly described how she envisioned her success and the self-discipline required to achieve her dream of a Gold Medal. She is very accessible and made herself available to the press and guests alike, all of whom loved her.
Mary Kay Cosmetics
Excellent. Lauren was fantastic. She is very engaging, entertaining and was very generous with her time. Would highly recommend her.
Frank Russell Co
A strong speaker with an ability to convince in respect of the sincerity of her message
Excellent. Really easy to work with and doesn’t have the “take the money and run attitude".
Big Gig Event Company Pty Ltd
Excellent. Lauren was a good choice. The audience were captivated by her presentation. Lauren related well to the audience.
North Melbourne Institute of Technology (NMIT)
Excellent. Lauren was very well received by our delegates. They found her inspiring and enjoyed her natural and practical approach.
Excellent. Clients found her video & demonstration highly interesting. They also enjoyed her comments on motivation & focus in relation to her sports achievements. Females in the audience identified with her achievements as an Australian Female athlete.
Excellent. Lauren gave a great presentation. Her manner was very natural and friendly. She had the audience captivated. We got very positive feedback from both the Australia and Japanese members of the audience.
Women’s Federation for World Peace
Excellent. Lauren was a breath of fresh air. Her story and presentation were inspirational, enthusiastic and “real”. Lauren has a warm, delightful personality which totally captures the audience.
Excellent. Lauren is young, fresh, unassuming and communicated brilliantly to a mixed audience.
Excellent. Lauren’s message was excellent to set the scene for students to focus on the year ahead. She was articulate and captivated her audience.
Beacon Hills College
Excellent. A great ambassador of her sport, the Olympics and young Australians overall. A wonderful person.
Not only was Lauren well prepared, inspiring and provoking, she made people feel special with her generous time mingling with everyone. I would recommend her in a heart beat.
InCircles Pty Ltd
Our feedback forms were full of praises for her and many people commented on her motivational skills. She was very generous with her time.
Southern Cross Computer Systems
Excellent. Captivating, inspirational and a remarkable person and presentation. A lovely person.
Our members enjoyed your warm and personal style, and felt themselves drawn into the story of your preparation for the Olympics, your participation in this great event, and your down to earth way of organising your life afterwards. Your story was inspirational, and gave us the direction for the planning and hard work that needs to go into being successful in any endeavour.
First National Real Estate
Excellent. Lauren was very natural and her enthusiasm was catching. She involved her audience and worked extremely well in our small and intimate setting. We received great feedback from all who attended.
City of Glen Eira
Excellent. Lauren is exceptional, connects very well with her audience and gives out heaps of energy.
Colorado Group Ltd
Excellent. Lauren was a fantastic role model and very engaging speaker a shear delight.
Department of Education
Excellent. Professional, enjoying and motivating – a fantastic conference presentation package.
Excellent. Lauren inspired and entertained the audience with her simple but powerful messages on how to succeed though sacrifice and determination.
City of Whittlesea
Excellent. Great presentation. Interesting and informative. Action!
Victorian Taxi Association
Excellent. Action packed, a great speaker and a very pleasant personality. Kept our delegates enthralled. Passing the gold medal around was also a great idea.
Regional Insurance Brokers Association
Full of energy – inspirational. They closed our performance perfectly – all messages relevant to what we had done.
The Wrigley Company
Excellent. Lauren’s energy was intoxicating. Our guests were mesmerised.
Excellent. Not only was Lauren an inspirational and thoroughly entertaining speaker, she was also very approachable and down to earth. She signed autographs and posed for photos all evening and was more than happy to do so. I highly recommend her!
Fairfax Community Press
As always, Lauren was perfect in every sense. She has a warm, friendly, open and engaging manner which makes her very easy to listen to. Her message is spot on. She subtly introduced at least ten significant pointers to success during her presentation. Her Tae Kwon Do demo at the end simply brought everything together in an entertaining and dramatic way.
Kardinia International College