Jules Allen Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Jules Allen
- Jules Allen has appeared on Australian Story and The Project, and major magazines New Idea, the online Women’s Weekly and The Collective.
- Along with Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness, Jules crusades for adoption reform.
- Masterchef contestant 2013 and a vocal campaigner on the key role food plays in functioning families.
- Gifts in Shitty Wrapping Paper - TEDx Melbourne 2016.
Topics for Jules Allen
- Mindflix’ - Overcoming anxiety for life and achieving your potential
Jules Allens’ unique approach to overcoming anxiety is extraordinary and incredibly effective. Having worked as a front-line mental health worker during the pandemic, Jules is more convinced than ever that the most effective strategy for combatting anxiety sits in a swift, pragmatic, solution-based approach. Her ‘Mindflix’ formula is backed by her research as a Social Scientist for over 25 years and recent findings in Neuroscience. The ‘Mindflix’ toolkit has been tried and tested by, not only herself, but many of the clients she has helped over the years. Jules belives that anxiety does not need to be managed; it can be overcome. Only then will you be able to explore what you are truly capable of.
- Gain a depth of understanding from a neurological perspective of how anxiety manifests in the brain and body.
- Learn the ‘Mindflix’ formula, backed by social science and neuroscience, that gives you the opportunity to live anxiety-free by retraining your brain.
- This keynote teaches you how to implement ‘Mindflix’ in to your everyday life.
- Learn how to live to your full potential without the constraints of anxiety.
- The ‘key’ to resilience
Resilience is one of the hottest, most talked about topics of recent times. But what if resilience, alone, is not enough. The truth is we are born resilient. We are born hard-wired for struggle.
The suicide rate in Australia is at an all-time high and anxiety and self-harm are an epidemic. Jules Allen acknowledges that resilience is not a flawed concept but, on its own, it is not the backbone to success…in life or otherwise; not if you don’t have the ‘key’.
- Identifying and understanding the fundamental ‘key’ to resilience.
- How to challenge your preconceived ideas regarding resilience.
- Learn how to implement the ‘key’ into all aspects of your life.
- Learn the art of capitalising on all your experiences, good and bad.
- Learn how to strive and not just survive.
- Balance before burnout - The key to high performance
Having raised 32 children as a single Mother whilst studying and working full time, Jules Allen knows something about what’s required to maintain the delicate balance and avoid burnout.
Having worked on the front line in mental health during the pandemic Jules has recognised the increased use of the term, ‘limited capacity’ when referring to ourselves. As we navigate our way back into a world that now seems foreign, as people who are no longer the same, things are bound to be beyond challenging. Jules has formulated a set of strategies over the years that can be applied to your daily routine that can help avoid burnout, stress and anxiety. She has so much faith in this approach that she refers to these tools as ‘non-negotiables.’
- Identify what behaviours and mindsets are contributing to a potential ‘burn out’.
- Learn a set of skills that you can apply daily to avoid falling victim to a high stress environment.
- identifying what you need in life, enhancing your capacity to effectively and realistically achieve your goals.
- How to stay in the high-performance lane.
- “Gifts in shitty wrapping paper” - How to turn adversity into ambition
We don’t always have a say over what it is that we experience in life. How do we take all of our experiences - the good and the bad - and turn them in to our greatest asset?
Through overcoming her own personal challenges, Jules Allen now lives by the mantra that our biggest challenges in life are our greatest gifts.
Resilience keeps you alive, whereas armed with the right tool kit, overcoming adversity provides you with an opportunity to thrive. It’s not what happens to us in life that defines us... It’s what we chose to do with it.
In this presentation Jules leaves her audience spellbound as she delicately intertwines her personal trials with a tried and tested theory for, not just overcoming your ordeal, but striving as a result of it. She inspires and restores a sound belief in peoples’ sense of purpose.
- Learn the mindset required to turn adversity in to an asset.
- Become familiar with the antidote to shame in order to make your most harrowing of experiences matter.
- Learn how to strive because of your experiences rather than to survive in spite of them.
Testimonials for Jules Allen
Jules Allen was the highlight of the day for the Resi workers. What she spoke about really resonated with them.
Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
You could hear a pin drop – for the entire time of Jules Allen’s presentation. Students, staff and parents alike were deeply connected to her and the content of her presentation. Many have also commented that Jules immediately established a personal connection to the students from our school. She was very “human and real with them” her link was authentic.
Phoenix P-12 Community School
Jules Allen was a captivating guest speaker for our recent “Life is a Roller Coaster” event. Jules connected with the audiences on their level, which ranged from students Yr. 8-12 to adults, which made them open to actually accepting and retaining her message. Jules used the power of life experiences to illustrate her points which the audience respected the fact that she wasn’t perfect. Jules was very down to earth and took the time to answer questions and then after each presentation circulate with the audience.
Cleve & District Mental Health & Wellbeing Group
Jules Allen was spot on with her talk and the way she related to the audience. It was a very powerful time and deeply impacted much of the audience.