Hon. Will Hodgman Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Hon. Will Hodgman
- Will Hodgman the Diplomat: Will has contemporary international insights and expertise as Australia’s top diplomat and trade and investment agent in the key foreign service post of Singapore, in the heart of Southeast Asia.
- Will Hodgman the Premier: Architect of the ‘turnaround State’, his government took Tasmania’s economy from the worst performing in the nation to the best, for the first time ever.
- Will Hodgman the Lawyer: A barrister and solicitor practicing in Australia and the United Kingdom for seven years in civil and commercial litigation, criminal law and prosecuting cases of child abuse.
- He is a proven leader, navigator and negotiator across all levels of government, business and industry. Experienced in high profile leadership roles, subject to intense public and parliamentary scrutiny.
- Will is an experienced public speaker, media performer and debater for over two decades in high profile roles. In 2018 he received the highest ever personal vote for a candidate in a Tasmanian election.
- Will demonstrated impressive determination and persistence as one of Australia’s longest serving Opposition Leaders, a Member of Parliament for around seventeen years, and one of few Aussie politicians to have never sat on the backbench.
- Will has deep understanding of high level leadership, policy and, strategic planning, legal and commercial practice, risk and crisis management, public relations, communications and media.
Topics for Hon. Will Hodgman
- Lessons in leadership
- Leading one of Australia’s key embassies overseas during a global pandemic
- Taking Tasmania from basket case to top of the class
- Insights into Singapore, at the heart of Southeast Asia
- Navigating and negotiating across all levels of government
- A day in the life of a Diplomat and a Premier
- Sustainability and seizing opportunities from the green economy
- The power of diplomacy