Hacia Atherton Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Hacia Atherton
- Hacia Atherton is the Founder & Director of Empowered Women In Trades (EWIT).
- She was named one of the Top 30 Women Disruptors to look out for in 2022 by The NYC Journal.
- Hacia is studying a Masters of Applied Positive Psychology at Melbourne University.
- She has completed her CPA studies from her hospital bed.
- Hacia is the Chief Commercial Officer of a leading Australian manufacturing company.
- She is a member of the CPA Australia Global Advisory Panel & Emerging Leaders Committee.
- Hacia Atherton featured in the INTHEBLACK magazine, Ticker NEWS and Herald Sun.
- She is the Treasurer of the Old Ruytonians Association.
- Welcomed as a Just Strong Ambassador.
- Hacia was accepted into the pilot Women and Leadership program run by the city of Darebin.
Topics for Hacia Atherton
- The courage leader
In 2017 Hacia Atherton’s life was changed irrevocably. During a routine dressage training, the young equestrian rider was crushed by her 600kg horse, causing irreversible damage. The young CPA has had to endure unimaginable chronic pain and depression in the years since. Hacia in the wake of humility, connected with her inner courage. She developed a strong relationship to herself to leverage her daily battle with pain into an innovative strategy to teach herself to become a better corporate leader.
- Pain (physical, emotional or mental) is a useful tool to strengthen your resilience muscle and how to integrate courage to overcome adversity and setbacks.
- Have the courage to get comfortable with discomfort as this is where progress is achieved.
- Courageous leadership requires the ability to adapt and be flexible with goals and milestones with humbleness that can inspire others along the way.
- Courage learned through hardship facilitates innovation as it requires one to think outside the box to access an alternative route and develop active empathy strategies.
- Being creative with opportunities can enhance your professional expectations and develop 04 stronger trust with your teams as they feel they can courageously express their ideas.
- Adapting to adversity and redefining success
In 2017 Hacia Atherton was crushed by a 600kg horse during dressage training. The young aspiring Equestrian rider woke to doctors informing her she’d never likely walk again in any meaningful way and would be forever reliant on walking aids. Bound to her bed and a wheelchair for six months, Hacia considered the once vital and active life she led may be over. However, rather than wallow in self-pity and allow her injury and chronic pain to debilitate her, she decided to embrace her courage and achieve her CPA from her hospital bed. She combined the corporate strategy she learned with her soft skills to adapt to her adversity, redefining success and teach herself to walk again.
- The power of a connection with your inner courage and how to use this to be an adaptable leader and inspire others.
- How to live with adaptive and positive mindset; how to use it to motivate yourself through adversity and navigate pathways towards success.
- Having the courage to find and embrace opportunities in your darkest moments.
- Overwhelm can be neutralised by implementing a ‘game plan’ to break big goals into achievable ‘one step at a time’ goals.
- Be adaptable and make sure goals fit current circumstances while still being bold enough to inspire growth.
- Progress over perfection
In 2017, Hacia Atherton’s dream of representing Australia at the World Equestrian Games were shattered when she was crushed by her 600kg horse. The young Aussie was told she’d never likely walk again, dashing any hope of returning to her chosen sport and achieving her lifelong goal. Faced with the monumental challenge of learning to walk again, Hacia’s champion spirit was galvanised as she learned to embrace progress over perfection in her fight to regain control of her legs and in the process, was able to redefine her own version of success.
- Failure is not a fait accompli; you only fail when you cease to try.
- Success is subjective; define what it means to you and be fearless in your pursuit of it.
- Celebrate progress rather than striving for perfection; each milestone achieved deserves a reward no matter how small.
- Refuse to accept external limitations and always question the status quo.
- A goal is an impractical dream without a strategy to achieve it. Develop and implement a strategy which is aligned with your definition of success.
Testimonials for Hacia Atherton
Hacia is a gifted speaker, connecting with people immediately (and via a screen!) at such an authentic, human level, you both laugh and cry! Importantly she left our group today inspired to take action, to be themselves, to redefine what success means for them, to share their vulnerable wonderful selves and become extra awesome! It all starts with you. Thank you Hacia for sharing your story, your learnings and for living your legacy!
Finance Transformation Manager
We had hacia as a guest speaker for our 3rd annual Girls with Hammers conference and she was amazing. Her story of courage and resilience had everybody on the edge of their seats, as well as turning on the tears and laughter in the audience. Hacia was well presented, professional and had a first class slide deck to accompany her talk. Hacia was super easy to deal with and extremely reliable. Highly recommended.
Girls With Hammers
Hacia has enabled my inner light to shine. I feel of service to my community in a way that is authentic and valuable. Through Hacia's courageous leadership and mentoring, l have never felt more confident about my career development after graduation. Hacia brings out the best in people in a professional context and inspires my ability to dream ambitious goals with confidence in the practical techniques to achieve them as a young professional. Hacia enabled my inner light to shine and see my diverse skills as assets where l once would have felt unsure I fell of service to my community in a way that is authentic and valuable. She has equipped my graduation experience with courage and enthusiasm to achieve my goals with leadership. Through Hacia l have networked with industry professionals to enhance my career potential and learned practical skills for industry success.
Ivanhoe NFP Coordinator, Barista, Youth Leader and Writer
Hacia is one of those rare leaders capable of inspiring a movement. As as professional speaker, she takes audiences on an emotional rollercoaster of a journey, sharing her story along with the incredibly valuable strategic framework behind her recovery. As a coach, she has an innate ability to create a psychologically safe environment to challenge thinking that leads to faster breakthroughs. 10 minutes with her unlocked new thinking for me that helped to refine my go-to-market processes. As a business evolves to be more human-centric, l highly recommend booking her for your next corporate event or engaging her as a coach to improve team performance.