- Graeme Wood is the creator and co-founder, Wotif.com in 2000.
- Pioneered Wotif.com's development into a multi-national company.
- During his seven years at the helm, Wotif.com became one of Australia's most successful and well-known online businesses.
- Overall Winner and Winner of Outstanding Achievement by an Organisation in the Services Sector, Premier of Queensland’s SMART Awards 2004.
- Awards include Australian Institute of Management Medal for; Management Innovation, 2004 Management Excellence Awards; National winner of the Technology, Communications; E-Commerce and Life Sciences category 2005; Ernst and Young, Entrepreneur of the Year awards; Winner of the Inspiration iAward and the Tourism & Hospitality category, AIIA iAwards 2006.
- Three consecutive annual awards from Hitwise Internet intelligence service, as the #1 Travel, Destinations and Accommodation website across Australia for 2004 to 2007.
- Sustainable tourism
- Creative futures
Graeme was not only an enthusiastic and comical speaker, but possessed a strong business acumen and expertise of his business and technology. An engaging speaker who held the crowd at every stage of the breakfast forum. An absolute pleasure to have as a guest speaker.
AM Breakfast Club
Graeme Wood is a truly inspirational speaker. He presented his wotif.com success story to an audience of business and community leaders in a way that everyone could relate to and enjoy. Graeme made the difficult process of creating his business sound almost easy and effortless, drawing many laughs from the audience in the process. Many of the audience took the time to tell us how much they enjoyed and appreciated Graeme's presentation, and felt that they had much to take away from his story.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
The history of wotif.com is a fascinating success story. Graeme Wood describes the journey in a very engaging manner. You share the highs and lows with him and subtly learn how to apply the lessons to your own organisation.
The Innovation Series aspires to build a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in South East Queensland. At part of the event series we invite examples of that culture to inspire others and transfer knowledge to the broader corporate, academic and government sectors. Graeme Wood, Founder and CEO of wotif.com, was invited as our inaugural keynote speaker of the event series. Graeme's challenging entrepreneurial journey was delivered to a broad audience who were captivated by his determination and uplifted by his story. Graeme's content matched by his character stimulated paradigm shifts; provoked controversy and reinforced that innovation happens on the edges.
Innovation Series QLD