- Glenn Cooper is a fifth generation Cooper who in July 1990, joined the family brewery and held the responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Now retired, he remains Chairman and the Ambassador for Coopers Brewery as well as looking after the Coopers export in the USA and Asia.
- He is also Chairman of Australian Made Australian Grown, the Green and Gold triangle with the stylized kangaroo recognized the world over and is on several family company boards around Australia, is Director Bundaberg Brewed Drinks Company and Haymes Paints Australia.
- Glenn was chairman of the Adelaide Fringe Committee and of the Adelaide Convention and Tourism Authority for which he was awarded a Member of the General Division of the Order of Australia AM for services to South Australia and the Arts in 2005.
- How a small Family Brewery survived against the Brewing Giants of the world
Family and Private Business and how to compete in today’s competitive World
- Marketing and advertising with a limited budget and particularly how to compete with competitors who have a much larger budget.
- The advantages that a private or family business can utilise over their competitors.
- How a private company can work within a Franchise network.
- A company’s culture, it can make or break a business and is not recognised as such a powerful tool to the success of a business. It is often overshadowed by the internet and technology and is forgotten as to the benefit it provides to a company’s performance and staff morale.
- How Coopers fought off a hostile takeover bid by the giant international Brewer Kirin and succeeded in winning one of the greatest David and Goliath battles in recent times. It’s an amazing emotional story of a company wishing to retain its identity.
Glenn was the perfect fit for our event, he delivered a presentation that was spot on the brief and was entertaining and engaging. One of the best part of Glenn’s attendance was his ability to mix and mingle with the crowd. He was happy to chat to our attendees before his presentation and for hours after. He is a charming, charismatic business man who holds a crowd, but can also engage one-on-one with attendees. Glenn was the perfect choice for our regional audiences who ‘see straight through’ ‘fake’ or showy presenters.
Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
Amazing speaker, great guy.
Glenn has an engaging style which really suited this audience. He really met our brief and gave an outstanding presentation which was appreciated by all.
Glenn was a great speaker, his company story was fascinating, he was funny and engaging and his speech was well enjoyed. The family business story mimics our company’s own story in many ways and really struck a chord with our audience. His visual presentation was professional and his intro video was really funny and well done.
Glenn is a pleasure to listen to and watch. His story is very interesting and relevant to our audience of accountants. His content is great and he also makes his presentation fun.
Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants
Excellent - Glenn delivered both an entertaining and informative presentation. His story is a good one, and the Philmac team were able to draw a number of parallels between the key messages Glen was emphasising and the way our own business operates. I'd definitely recommend Glenn to other organisations as an entertaining speaker with a terrific story.
Philmac Pty Ltd
Glenn delivered an interesting and entertaining presentation, and was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
Glenn was just the person that we needed for the night and he fitted in with the craziness of our event. I wondered for a while if we would be able to get people to sit down again and listen but he had everyone interested and entranced. His humour certainly helped the situation.
Engineers Australia NT
Glenn Cooper’s presentation was very engaging. His family /business story is appropriate for a very wide audience. Glenn’s warmth, humour and professionalism ensures his audience come away entertained and inspired.
Franchise Council of Australia