Georgie Dent Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Georgie Dent
- Georgie is a best-selling author and advocate for mental health and wellbeing. Her memoir Breaking Badly, outlining the nervous breakdown she suffered at age 25, sold 7000 copies in the first four months. Annabel Crabb describes it as ‘Funny, shocking, beautifully written … a fascinating account of one woman’s hand-to-hand combat with her own mind.’
- She is a high profile media commentator. A regular guest on ABC Weekend Breakfast and The Drum and has made appearances on The Project, The Today Show, Studio 10, Weekend Sunrise, Lateline and more.
- A Journalist and editor, Georgie is a contributing Editor of Women’s Agenda, Australia’s leading publication for career-minded women, columnist in The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age on Sunday, regular contributor to Marie Claire Magazine. Her work has also been feature in The Guardian, Harper's Bazaar and The Financial Review.
- She is an expert facilitator and keynote speaker, her clients including ANZ, Westpac, Bank of Queensland, The Growth Faculty, Hall & Wilcox, Smart Women Connect, Twitter and Griffith University.
Topics for Georgie Dent
- Breaking badly: A cautionary tale
Georgie will walk the audience through her journey from successful corporate lawyer to being unemployed and admitted to a psychiatric hospital at age 25. She will detail how she came to fall apart and, critically, how she went about rebuilding her health, life and career.
- Perfectionism is making you miserable
It’s easy to think of perfectionism as a humblebrag, but it’s actually far more toxic. Georgie can help an audience recognise the signs of perfectionism, how it relates to depression and anxiety and provide practical strategies to pivot towards a more sustainable way of life.
- Getting real about wellbeing/mental health/wellness
True self care is not about bubble baths and chocolate cake, it’s about creating a life you don’t need to escape. Georgie learned this the hard way and can share the lessons and strategies that helped her create a life she didn’t need to escape.
- How I became an accidental advocate for women (and you should too)
Georgie went through school and early university believing gender inequality was an ancient relic so never considered she’d spend her professional life agitating for change for women. With considerable expertise and a knack for storytelling Georgie can make the unwieldy topic of gender equality compelling and relatable.
- Knowing your worth (and it’s not as simple as asking for more)
It’s well documented that women aren’t paid the same as men and while telling women to ask for more is a very simplistic and popular response, it often doesn’t work. Georgie can present on why it doesn’t work and what women can do to negotiate their worth.
- The silver bullet that will deliver gender equity
It’s proven that men being paid generously to take parental leave when a new baby or child arrives has a marked impact on gender equality for women. Georgie can share her expertise on local and global research that makes this silver bullet worth pursuing.
Master of Ceremonies
Testimonials for Georgie Dent
Georgie Dent is a speaker and MC who effortlessly brings authentic life and energy to a room. She has an innate ability to connect the audience to the topic or cause through her gift of storytelling and her generosity of spirit. Georgie manages to also shape arguments on difficult topics always in a constructive and inclusive way. Having Georgie involved is a benefit to any event.
Head of Women’s Markets
Georgie Dent was a standout for our Summit event for women superannuation members! It was obvious that Georgie was not only up to date, but had thoughtfully considered, current issues in super, retirement planning and women’s finance. Our guests fell in love with how open and engaging she was, and how she shared lessons learned from her own personal experiences.
Managing Director, Head of Advice
Georgie’s open and approachable presentation style set the tone for our day-long workshop. By sharing her personal story, with all of its ups and downs, she broke down the barriers in the room and had our attendees sharing and connecting early on. I know our attendees were impressed as I had many of them come to me with unsolicited positive feedback on her session! Her session was the highest rated on the day scoring 98/100!
Director, Business Execution
Georgie is the consummate professional. At our recent conference, she was the MC and took the time to work with us to understand the key outcomes we wanted to drive and the culture of our business. Georgie tied all of the messaging together, kept the conference flowing, was spontaneous when required and had a great sense of humour. She did a brilliant job.
Head of Operations & Transformation
Including Georgie on the panel was a no brainer. As a passionate gender equality advocate with deep subject expertise, Georgie was highly engaging sharing strong commercial and social insights of the current state of play of parenting in Australia. Georgie achieved this by sharing her personal experiences, with candour & humour, in addition to a stark reality check of what it’s going to take to shift the landscape. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Georgie and look forward to working with her in the future.
Head of Diversity and Inclusion
Working with Georgie was a delight. Totally professional from start to finish. Keeping the day’s agenda on track was important for us. Georgie did this with ease while managing a few unforeseen changes in the run sheet. Her respectful engagement with our audience was a real asset to the day.
New South Wales Council of Social Services