George Halkias Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for George Halkias
- Co-founded Community Street Soccer Program in 2008, helping homeless people across the country through soccer, which celebrated it's 10th anniversary in 2018.
- Coached and coordinated Australian Teams at 8 Homeless World Cup events.
- Played a key role in successfully bidding for and staging the 2008 Melbourne Homeless World Cup.
- Coached and mentored prisoners with intellectual prisoners at Port Philip Prison (since 2007).
- Profiled on ABC's Australian Story in 2005: George's Best.
- Founder of sport for development program Dad’s Well-being Program, specialist workshops on parenting, incorporating Dad's and Daughter’s activities designed to strengthen families and address gender equality and family violence.
Topics for George Halkias
- Community leadership and culture
George talks about the key traits and skills of leadership including innovation, sacrifice, humility and vision in the context of the works he has done in the community.
- Contemporary social issues
Georges touches upon some of the most serious issues in our community such as homelessness, mental illness, disability, substance abuse and domestic violence and looks at innovative ways he has worked to address these issues and how he has worked with the government, community and corporate sectors to achieve social change.
- Overcoming diversity / organisational and personal change
George describes how he has empowered homeless and marginalised people to turn their lives around and even represent Australia in a unique sporting competition.
- The power of sport
George shares stories of inspiration in how sport has become a vehicle to help people change their lives. He demonstrates the power of sport to create awareness of social issues and to educate the community about some of the most serious community issues and other causes.
- The power of sport to strengthen community and have social impact
- Managing complex teams in complex environments
- Leadership and inspiration for change
- Perspective presentations
Are designed to increase awareness of social disadvantage in corporate groups and to motivate individuals to engage in corporate social responsibility activities and make a difference in our community.
- How to achieve organisational and groups success and overcome adversity and setbacks
- How to create and capitalise opportunities in career and life
- What’s your legacy ? Leadership presentations
- Dad's well-being program
Workshops for Dad's specialising in parenting, Dad's and Daughter's activities designed to strengthen families, address gender equality and family violence.
George is also an experienced Master of Ceremonies and has 15 years of experience facilitating a range of conferences, forums and events. He is a composed communicator that adapts his communication style to suit the event and audience.
Testimonials for George Halkias
Excellent – arrived early, was engaging – hit the topic exactly.
Phoenix Community School
I had very positive feedback last night and this morning too! You’re a great speaker and your story is very inspirational. Our staff work with marginalised people every day, but hearing other people’s stories helps put our experiences into perspective. And your story did just that. It also re-energises us and reminds us that we can all make a difference in some way! So, thank YOU for sharing your time and your story with us. We really appreciate it!
Marketing and Communications Officer
The feedback from students about your presentation has been excellent. The students were really inspired by your take on Leadership and moved by your personal story. I can’t thank you enough for your involvement in the camp and look forward to booking you again next year.
Operations and Special Projects
Cystic Fibrosis Victoria
Blokes attending the Melton Men’s Shed during Men’s Health Week were delighted by George’s insights and infectious passion for helping homeless men and women recapture their sense of self-worth through participation, locally and internationally, in street soccer. George clearly loves life and, as a keynote speaker, he has a way of infecting others with his zeal for community service. Well done, George.
Men’s Shed Development Officer
Your presentation was really good and inspiring. The verbal feedback we’ve received have been nothing but positive. Your story was very interesting and I think it really kept the audience engaged. It was certainly a presentation that had people still talking about it the next day so I think you’ve made a very positive impression and raised a lot of awareness of the topics/your work.
Australasian College of Emergency Medicine
Of all the staff training and team building workshops that we have facilitated at our company, the Perspective Workshop held by George Halkias was easily the most talked about and memorable event. This is really different! George captivated our people with his unique message and the impact it had on our team was incredible. The workshop resulted in increased morale, improved team interaction, greater energy and a general shift to a more empathic attitude within our organisation. Aside from the value gained personally, it also reflected well on our company image to our team. Thank you George! We will be having more of these workshops in the future for sure. Highly recommended!
George was an absolute pleasure to work with. I was very moved by the presentation so much so that I am still thinking about it! I highly recommend George as a speaker and I personally look forward to working with him again in the future.
Dandenong High School was very honoured to receive a presentation by George. Very inspirational for our students. The students were captivated with his stories.
Dandenong High School