Emma Carney Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Emma Carney
- Emma Carney is a multiple World Triathlon Champion. Ranked World #1 for 3 consecutive years. To this day, Emma’s 1994 win remains the largest margin ever recorded in the history of the sport.
- Inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame in 2016 for her outstanding contribution to Australian Sport.
- Inducted into the World Triathlon Hall of Fame in 2012 and the Triathlon Australia Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Was forced into retirement in 2004 due to cardiac arrest.
- Is a high-performance coach and mentor to young athletes. Inspired by her childhood dream, Emma is committed to contributing to Australian Sporting success.
- An international triathlon expert TV commentator and an ambassador for the Victorian Government initiative Change our Game.
Topics for Emma Carney
- Never Giving Up: From World Triathlon Domination To Surviving Cardiac Arrest
Emma Carney changed the world of triathlon forever. From setting an unprecedented level of achievement in her sport, to being forced into retirement after suffering a cardiac arrest, Emma has experienced high highs and low lows. In this heartfelt and emotive keynote, Emma shares insight to a winning mindset, achieving against the odds, as well as lessons about resilience and finding the strength to succeed not just at an elite level, but through some of life’s most heartbreaking challenges.
- Success means being better every day
- Challenging the status quo
- Female leadership in sport – a winning mindset is your greatest tool
Testimonials for Emma Carney
Emma’s compelling story, confident and professional delivery, and winning presence has been central not only to specialised events but has helped to inspire a range of recorded interviews which tell a much bigger story. Her heart and soul drive her, and working with Emma guarantees preparation, relevance and reliability - all the elements you would expect of a world champion!
Wesley College Melbourne
Emma is a valued member of the World Triathlon community. She is the first athlete of her standing in the sport to contribute to World Triathlon Development coaching, reflecting her passion and care of the sport’s worldwide development. Emma’s contribution to the education, coaching and athlete development programs at World Triathlon draws on her extensive experience and knowledge of international triathlon. Her insights for coaches and athletes are highly valued and an asset to the programs.