- As a foresight practitioner Dr Richard Hames examines hundreds of topics, ranging from the future of conflict and work, to taxation, business and manufacturing, food security, international terrorism, smart cities, financial services, health care, science and alternative energy.
- From the probability of planes being hijacked and flown into the World Trade Centre, circumstance that lead to the GFC and even the election of Donald Trump, Richard has foreseen many of the world's most influential and catastrophic events.
- Richard has been described by Forbes Asia as “one of the smartest people on the planet”.
- He is the Chairman of the Asian Foresight Institute, an elected Fellow of the World Academy of Art & Science, and personal mentor to Heads of State, CEOs and entrepreneurs - is considered to be the most accurate futurist in the world.
- Future war
The convergence of psychology and technology in cyberspace.
- Deep design
Inventing sustainable cities.
- The "C" society
Collaboration and creativity in today's connected world.
- The five literacies of global leadership
- Atoms, brains and innovations
Ideas engaging the world's greatest CEOs.
- Giving you the jitters!
Questions you never thought to ask about life and work.
- Messy business
A user's guide to future business trends and issues.
- Sustainability - The innovation imperative
- The next industrial revolution
Reinvention and innovation in the 21st Century.
- Justice on trial
Power and terror in the 21st Century.
- Is this industry sustainable?
The future of oil - and other fictions.
- Driving sustainable organic growth in the New World economy
- Bang! You’re dead
The future of security.
- The future of ECOnomics - towards new forms of capitalism
- Smart grids and democratic technologies
The future of energy.
- Banking on the future
The future of financial services.
- Scary stuff
Global financial markets and the looming recession.
- The Trump code
Why Donald Trump speaks to the soul of middle America, and what it means.
- Hydrogen or hybrid
The future of personal urban transportation.
- The truth is not enough
Reviewing the need for new climate change policies.
- Grand challenges and societal shifts
- The future of business and the business of the future
- The five literacies of global leadership
- Urban environments and ecocities
- Myths and opportunities for the South African energy industry
- Asia’s food future
- Sustainability leadership – The real challenge
- The implications of NEXT technologies
- Manufacturing Australia’s future
- Going global
Telecommunications in a Globalised World.
- The future of science and agriculture
Investment patterns and social impact.
- Old King Coal
The future of the fossil fuel industry.
- The future of technology
Enabled Solutions in Finance.
- Amusing ourselves to death
The future of work and play.
Climate change and human reaction.
I thought you would be just another one of those charlatan futurists hyping the latest technology. But you are the real deal. Your presentation was brilliant and am so pleased that I didn’t miss it. Thank you.
I was riveted by everything you had to say.
Richard thanks so much - you have lost none of your edge. I have been following you since you last spoke at this event two years ago. You are the only futurist worth paying any attention to.
This conference is the best I have attended. Your dissertation on where agriculture could be in 50 years was so thought provoking but resonated with much of my own thinking.
You are intimidating Richard, but so brilliant.
Dr Richard Harris
That was absolutely awesome.
Livinia Nixon (MC)
Richard Hames provides a powerful diagnosis of present realities, new paradigms of thought, and an ecological model of action in an uncertain world.
Global Business Network
Richard’s capacity to identify and weave together the major issues that are shaping our future world is extraordinary.
Australian Davos Connection
Richard Hames inspires; his breadth of vision offering daring and challenging insights into the world of tomorrow.
Former Industry Minister
Richard’s ideas are for anyone searching for new meanings. Marvellous!
University of Cambridge
Over the years I have heard many of the world’s top speakers and presenters. Richard rates up there with the best.
Head of Leadership
Standard Chartered Bank
It surprises me how someone from outside the firm can so accurately put their finger on issues that are so central to us. I cannot thank you enough. ….brilliant.
It is a rare person who is able to transform our thinking by creating a fundamentally new vision of how things could work better. Richard Hames is one of those people.
Energy, clarity, enthusiasm – and of course so much wisdom…
Indian Council for Agricultural Research
Richard has a mind that is impossible to leap over.
CEO Private Wealth Management