- Dr Amantha Imber is an innovation psychologist, co-creator of the AFR Most Innovative Companies list, and founder of Australia’s leading innovation consultancy Inventium.
- She is the host of the top-ranking and award-nominated business podcast How I Work.
- Dr Amantha Imber has spoken to audiences in Australia, NZ, the USA, Europe, the UK, Asia, and Africa about driving innovation.
- With a PhD in organisational psychology, Amantha has helped companies such as Google, Apple, Coca-Cola, Disney, LEGO, American Express, Virgin Australia, Commonwealth Bank.
- Her thoughts have appeared in Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Fast Company.
- She is the author of two best-selling books: The Creativity Formula and The Innovation Formula.
- The science of how to design your most effective workday
We are living in a world where productivity books litter the shelves in bookstores, to do list apps frequently top the iTunes charts, and the idea of getting things done (GTD) has practically become a religion. Yet with all these tools and advice, many of us feel like there are not enough hours in the day. What’s more, so many people leave work and wonder “what did I actually achieve today?”
During this highly interactive and energising presentation, Dr Amantha Imber will share with you an evidence-based approach to completely change the way you work, to enable you to do better work. She will take you through the latest research that will help you transform your work habits to ensure you get high impact, meaningful work achieved every single day.
- Understand how your current behaviour is killing your ability to do impactful work.
- Learn practical strategies to turbo-charge your progress on your most important projects.
- Learn how to change your work habits so they support your ability to do great work rather than hinder it.
- Digital distractions and tech temptations: How to find your focus
Email. Social media. Endless pings and dings. We live in a world littered with digital distraction and temptation. And when we need to do focused, impactful, and creative work, protecting that time is precious.
Dr. Amantha Imber will take you through the latest productivity research from psychology and neuroscience. She will reveal evidence-based strategies that will help you transform your work habits, turbo charge your output, and optimize your work hours.
Attendees will leave with:
- Practical strategies to maintain focus effortlessly.
- Hacks that can be applied immediately to tune out digital distractions.
- Tips on how to make these behaviour changes stick.
- How to create a culture where innovation thrives
It is universally recognised that innovation is key to growing a business. As such, creating a culture where innovation thrives is critical. However, when surveyed about what they think creates a culture of innovation, over 95% of business leaders get the answers wrong. They are basing their decisions on intuition rather than science.
Dr Amantha Imber will share with you the 14 key drivers to creating a culture of innovation – according to what has been scientifically proven. In a highly interactive keynote, the audience will get to see how closely their intuition matches with science.
In addition to the science, Amantha will share stories from some of the world’s most innovative organisations about how they are applying these principles.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of:
- The 14 drivers that matter when it comes to creating a culture of innovation.
- The top five most impactful areas where they should be focusing their innovation efforts.
- Case studies and strategies from the world’s most innovative companies on how they are creating a culture where innovation thrives.
- Practical ideas to unlock breakthrough thinking through creating the right type of working environment.
- Innovation Survivor how to outthink, outsmart, and outlast your competitors
It is our ability to generate breakthrough ideas to business challenges and opportunities that is what literally enables us to outthink, outsmart and outlast our competitors. We will take you through the latest scientific findings in relation to what really drives highly inventive and disruptive thinking – and how participants can apply these findings to their role.
You will walk away with a set of practical tools that you can use in your own role and also with others across the organisation to innovate what you do and disrupt the competition.
Attendees will leave with:
- A set of practical tools to drive breakthrough thinking.
- The skills to literally outthink and outlast competitors.
- Tools that can easily be communicated to their teams and others within the organisation to help spread the innovation virus quickly and effectively.
I can't believe how much of an impact 40 minutes can make! Amantha provided tools to inspire, create, motivate and change the way we go about our day to day business, and continue to evolve our point of difference from our competitors. Great job!
It was during the final session of an incredibly boring seminar that Amantha made her first impression on me. She blew me away. She was quirky, engaging, energetic, energising and incredibly insightful. Since then, I've involved Amantha in running my part of the business because she causes people to be more productive in their roles by helping them to be more creative. Amantha is one of those great educators who does not teach things, she helps people to discover things. I have no hesitation in recommending Amantha to any business leader.
Amantha is a peerless facilitator of any creativity, innovation, thinking-related workshop, conference and gathering. Her seemingly light delivery and interaction with the audiences is the tip of an iceberg of the depth of her science knowledge and understanding of human mind at work. I am a shameless fan of Amantha's work.
Amantha provides her audience with strategies that are directly translatable into practice – no small feat given the phobias and anxieties that a large number of people experience when reflecting upon their own personal levels of creativity. I recently invited Amantha Imber to present both a keynote address and a workshop at a conference for Tasmanian teachers. Amantha’s keynote was exceptional and profoundly moving for me as a person and as an educator. The conference has since proven to be something of a hit. The ‘secret weapon’, in my opinion, was Amantha Imber!
Vocational and Applied Learning
Amantha is not only a wonderful person to deal with, she is creative, organised and so clearly in her element when presenting on stage. Amantha spoke at our Businesswomen's Breakfast Series event in Sydney and the entire audience were both engaged and enthralled during her talk. We all came away with useful and valuable information that was immediately applicable to our careers. I am looking forward to the Melbourne presentation and recommend Amantha to others seeking a dynamic speaker or innovation consultant without hesitation.
Amantha presentation was ... a surprise!... original, funny, dynamic, curious, interesting and useful. I had the pleasure to invite, and bet, on Amantha for our annual conference and she exceeded all expectations. I am sure we will have future opportunities to explore.
Like most people, I’m only half listening to the presentations towards the end of conferences. That’s because my attention is focussed on the long list of emails on the BlackBerry I’m hiding under the table. Amantha Imber’s presentation was different. It was compelling, intrusive, provocative and insightful. I powered off my BlackBerry and listened.
“Your topic “Overcoming Creative Blocks” proved highly relevant to all our attendees as evident by a great turnout. Considering that NAFAis comprised of a diverse bunch of creatives, I was most impressed you held the group spell-bound for the hour. In fact, I noticed that no-one dared to leave in case they missed one of your gems! You certainly entertained and inspired us with your willingness to share insights and strategies.”