Dr Amantha Imber Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dr Amantha Imber
- Dr Amantha Imber is an organisational psychologist, co-creator of the AFR Most Innovative Companies list, and founder of Australia’s leading innovation consultancy Inventium.
- In 2021 she became the first Australian to be awarded the prestigious Thinkers50 Innovation Award.
- She is the host of the top-ranking and award-nominated business podcast How I Work.
- Dr Amantha Imber has spoken to audiences in Australia, NZ, the USA, Europe, the UK, Asia, and Africa about driving innovation.
- With a PhD in organisational psychology, Amantha has helped companies such as Google, Apple, Coca-Cola, Disney, LEGO, American Express, Virgin Australia, Commonwealth Bank.
- Her thoughts have appeared in Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Fast Company.
- She is the author of two best-selling books: The Creativity Formula and The Innovation Formula, with a new book due for release in 2022.
Topics for Dr Amantha Imber
- Thank God it's Monday: How to create the best place to work in the universe
According to research, only 15% of employees are fully engaged, which means the other 85% are just rocking up to do their job, get a pay cheque, and go home. Yet to thrive as an organisation, having happy, enthusiastic, and productive staff is critical for success.
Where did organisations get it so wrong? Why do most people hate Mondays? And what do leaders need to do to create the best place to work in the universe post-Corona?
Hear from Dr Amantha Imber, Founder of Inventium, who attracted global attention by being the first CEO in Australia to introduce unlimited paid leave and is now one of the few companies in Australia embracing the four day work week. Amantha will share some of the insights gained from Inventium’s headline-grabbing practices and from her consultancy's work in judging the Australian Financial Review's Best Places to Work list.
- Practical, science-backed strategies on how to create a group of truly energised staff.
- Counter-intuitive methods to keep people fully engaged.
- The key ingredients required to create the best workplace in the universe.
- Hack Your Productivity: Lessons from the world's most successful people
‘You have the same number of hours in the day as Beyonce.’ - Internet meme.
While it is unlikely that anyone became more productive or achieved greater heights as a result of these words, it does beg the question: Do high achievers approach their days and their work differently than most people? And how do they become so efficient and productive?
Dr Amantha Imber has explored the answers to these questions for over two years through her top ranking business podcast How I Work, which has achieved nearly two million downloads. She has interviewed over 100 of the world's most successful people to unpack the strategies they use to achieve so much with their lives despite having the same number of hours in the day as the rest of us.
In this highly practical keynote, Amantha will share some of the most impactful, practical, and proven strategies, hacks, and tips to become more productive and happier at work that she has learnt from guests on How I Work.
- How to double the output you produce at work without working more hours.
- Impactful yet simple-to-apply strategies to dramatically improve your daily productivity.
- New rituals and habits to integrate into your working life to achieve more.
- Simple hacks to boost your happiness at work.
- Workday Reinvention: Science-backed ways to do the best work of your life
Email. Social media. Endless pings and dings. We live in a world littered with digital distraction and temptation. And when we need to do focused, impactful, and creative work, protecting that time is precious.
In this highly interactive keynote, Dr Amantha Imber will take you through the latest productivity research from psychology and neuroscience. Amantha will reveal evidence-based strategies that will help you transform your work habits, turbo charge your output, and optimise your work hours.
Dr Amantha Imber has helped thousands of people turbo charge their productivity, wellbeing, and energy levels. Her programs have increased productivity by over 25% and have increased people’s job satisfaction and energy levels by over 30% in a matter of weeks.
- Understand how your current behaviour is killing your ability to do impactful work.
- How to create the optimal structure for your workday, based on neuroscience.
- The simple strategy that will let you win back at least two hours in every workday.
- Discover hacks that can be applied immediately to tune out digital distractions.
- Work From Anywhere: How to thrive in a remote future
In 2020, we were forced into a world where working from an office was the exception instead of the rule. As we venture into 2021 and beyond, the way we work (and more specifically, where we work from) has changed forever.
How do we create clear boundaries between work and life when we work where we live? How do we stay connected with our team when we are rarely all in the same physical location at the same time? And how do we ensure productivity doesn't decline when the siren song of Netflix is only a room away?
Dr Amantha Imber will provide you with a science-backed, practical approach to answering these questions. You'll leave with a set of strategies to help navigate the new world of work and ensure your employees thrive.
- How to turbo-charge connectedness in remote teams.
- How to create clear boundaries between work and life, no matter where you work from.
- How to boost productivity when you no longer work from an office.
- How to create an ultra-productive team (even while you’re working remotely)
Building a great team was hard enough when the office was a place where we all gathered and worked from. But now, in the new reality of remote or hybrid working, helping your team collaborate effectively and work ultraproductively has become even more challenging, but all the more important.
Dr Amantha Imber will take you through a set of proven and practical ways to instantly improve the way your team works together. She promises you’ll leave with a bag of tricks to make your team super productive and happy, even with all the craziness going on in the world today.
- The three key ingredients to keeping your team happy and motivated, especially during COVID.
- A method to help you “clean up” your team meetings.
- A simple strategy to allow everyone on your team to know how to get the best out of you.
- To do or not to do? The science of how to make better decisions
Every day, we make hundreds of decisions. Some are big, some are small. And some may seem inconsequential. But it's our ability to make good decisions that ultimately determines our success in life.
Good decisions lead to success at work, better relationships, improved health, and ultimately, greater happiness. But here’s the strange thing: despite the fact that making good decisions is so important, the majority of people never receive training in how to become better at making decisions.
The good news is: scientific research can shed a great deal of light on how to become an excellent decision-maker. Dr Amantha Imber will delve into the latest science on how you can significantly improve your decision-making prowess.
- The optimal time of day to make decisions.
- How to future-proof your decisions.
- How emotions can kill your ability to make good decisions - and what to do about it.
- The types of decisions you need to avoid.
- How to allocate an appropriate amount of time to your decision making.
Testimonials for Dr Amantha Imber
I can't believe how much of an impact 40 minutes can make! Amantha Imber provided tools to inspire, create, motivate and change the way we go about our day to day business, and continue to evolve our point of difference from our competitors. Great job!
It was during the final session of an incredibly boring seminar that Amantha Imber made her first impression on me. She blew me away. She was quirky, engaging, energetic, energising and incredibly insightful. Since then, I've involved Amantha in running my part of the business because she causes people to be more productive in their roles by helping them to be more creative. Amantha is one of those great educators who does not teach things, she helps people to discover things. I have no hesitation in recommending Amantha to any business leader.
Amantha Imber is a peerless facilitator of any creativity, innovation, thinking-related workshop, conference and gathering. Her seemingly light delivery and interaction with the audiences is the tip of an iceberg of the depth of her science knowledge and understanding of human mind at work. I am a shameless fan of Amantha's work.
Amantha Imber provides her audience with strategies that are directly translatable into practice – no small feat given the phobias and anxieties that a large number of people experience when reflecting upon their own personal levels of creativity. I recently invited Amantha Imber to present both a keynote address and a workshop at a conference for Tasmanian teachers. Amantha’s keynote was exceptional and profoundly moving for me as a person and as an educator. The conference has since proven to be something of a hit. The ‘secret weapon’, in my opinion, was Amantha Imber!
Vocational and Applied Learning
Amantha Imber is not only a wonderful person to deal with, she is creative, organised and so clearly in her element when presenting on stage. Amantha spoke at our Businesswomen's Breakfast Series event in Sydney and the entire audience were both engaged and enthralled during her talk. We all came away with useful and valuable information that was immediately applicable to our careers. I am looking forward to the Melbourne presentation and recommend Amantha to others seeking a dynamic speaker or innovation consultant without hesitation.
Amantha Imber presentation was ... a surprise!... original, funny, dynamic, curious, interesting and useful. I had the pleasure to invite, and bet, on Amantha for our annual conference and she exceeded all expectations. I am sure we will have future opportunities to explore.
Like most people, I’m only half listening to the presentations towards the end of conferences. That’s because my attention is focussed on the long list of emails on the BlackBerry I’m hiding under the table. Amantha Imber’s presentation was different. It was compelling, intrusive, provocative and insightful. I powered off my BlackBerry and listened.
“Your topic “Overcoming Creative Blocks” proved highly relevant to all our attendees as evident by a great turnout. Considering that NAFAis comprised of a diverse bunch of creatives, I was most impressed you held the group spell-bound for the hour. In fact, I noticed that no-one dared to leave in case they missed one of your gems! You certainly entertained and inspired us with your willingness to share insights and strategies.”