Dominic Thurbon Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dominic Thurbon
- Dominic is co-founder and chief creative officer at Karrikins Group, a fast-growth consulting firm with over 120 staff delivering projects across 13 countries.
- He is a global strategy consultant driving change innovation.
- He has a proven track record driving real impact and enterprise transformation for global clients including Apple, Commonwealth Bank, Lexus, Microsoft and IBM.
- He is co-author of the best-selling Matter: How to Become the Obvious Choice.
Topics for Dominic Thurbon
- Unleashing the power of innovation
In today’s market, companies that can’t innovate can’t survive. The market is changing so quickly that our ability to innovate now sits at the heart of remaining relevant and competitive in an ever-changing world. That’s probably why ‘innovation’ is one of the most discussed and debated topics at conferences, off-sites, workshops and strategy sessions around the country.
But most places can’t connect all the talk with real action, and in too many places innovation is simply as a buzzword. We need to develop a deeper and more practical understanding of what innovation is, in all its forms, and how we bring it to life. The truth is, innovation is a behaviour: you’re either doing it or you’re not. And learning the behaviours of innovation, and then finding ways to enable and promote them in your business, is the key to turning innovation from empty rhetoric to real-world change.
In this session we will:
- Unpack the forces of change that mean we need to challenge assumptions about how we make innovation a living thing in our business.
- Examine the four types of innovation that can be used in your business to drive improved performance.
- Look at the behaviours of innovation, and how we enable and promote them as leaders across the business.
- Matter: Rising above the competition and becoming the obvious choice
It has never been harder to stand out. In B2B, B2C, and even job markets, it's getting harder and harder to differentiate, compete and win. There are many reasons for this: digitisation has flooded the market with content and competition; commoditisation is driving prices and margins down, making it harder to sustainably compete; rising complexity is making it harder for companies to articulate clear, relevant value propositions; and customer loyalty is “so 20th century”.
In this changing world, it’s no longer enough to be ‘good’ or ‘great’, we have to matter. This requires a deep connection to purpose, an ability to understand what our customers really buy, and insight into the true value that we can bring (and that no one else can).
In this session we will:
- Bring a fresh perspective to the major disruptive forces that are redefining the way business is being done, and value is being created.
- Use inspiring, real-world case studies to show how a diverse array of companies are responding effectively.
- Give you the formula for effectively dealing with and thriving in times of disruption and change.
- Changenomics: Making change happen
Companies don’t change, people do. We need to stop talking about ‘managing’ and ‘surviving’ change, and learn to talk about driving change. Take a look around your business and think about your greatest challenges. I’ll bet you they are behaviour change challenges. You might be trying to increase innovation, improve collaboration across teams or silos, sell to customers differently, drive better leadership or enhance your culture… these are all behaviour change challenges.
In a world where change is so constant and so profound, there are few skills more important to cultivate than learning to drive behaviour change in our teams. It’s the key to solving our greatest problems and boosting our performance.
In this presentation we will:
- Detail the five human responses to change that you will have seen in your business every day, but may never have had a label for.
- Examine a model for change based in the neuroscience of human behaviour that can empower us to more effectively change the way staff and customers think, act and buy in positive and constructive ways).
- Look at management and leadership strategies to help ourselves and our teams more effectively navigate and promote change.
Testimonials for Dominic Thurbon
Dom is outstanding and really hut the mark. Very inspiring for our business’s leaders.
Gary Peer and Associates
Hands down the highlight of the event. Dominic delivers riveting content on CX and the future of customer needs with energy, humour and packed with business changing take-home value.
Real Estate Results
Dominic was the star of our recent event for real estate leaders. He did a 90 minute session on change, what’s coming, how to prepare and how to turn disruption into opportunity. He managed to be confronting, highly relevant, high energy and funny. Ground breaking and packed with take-home value.
Dominic gave a series of dynamic and engaging presentations to our staff in Darwin and Alice Springs. His impressive knowledge, sense of humour and style inspired our staff around the potential to unleash collaboration and innovation in our organisation. He crafted a presentation that was right on brief and extremely relevant given the present climate of rapid change in the education and training industry. I would highly recommend Dominic for your next event; his passion is contagious and he speaks the right language to affect real behaviour change.
Charles Darwin University
WOW! What a truly terrific, inspiring and informative session you ran yesterday for the International HRD Forum. The room was just buzzing after you finished and so many of our members told me how much they had enjoyed your session. It was a highly entertaining, thoughtful, informative, fun and very relevant session to our group of HR Directors, few of whom would be immune to the challenges you described around building a collaborative technology culture, regardless of the size of their organisation or the industry in which they operate.
CEO Forum Group
Dominic is a fantastic, dynamic presenter who really demystified the whole ‘technology’ thing for us. His presentation was engaging, entertaining and – best of all – really valuable to us in the way we work.
Dom Thurbon made us think very differently and we were all buzzing with new ideas at the end of the session. I would highly recommend Dom to work with your team – you will certainly be engaged, challenged and very creative with your approach.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Dominic delivered a series of presentations for our senior client audience. His presentations were right on brief and really inspired people about the potential to unleash collaboration and innovation in their organisations. He speaks the language of business, understands business models and tailors his message to suit the audience. His dynamic and engaging style affects real behavioural and attitudinal change and his entertaining and energetic style made him a real hit with the audience.
Dominic is an engaging and enthusiastic presenter whose infectious energy really got the audience involved. His message was perfectly tailored to our audience and through his style and content he is able to make a real impact. He entertains and informs in equal measure and is a dynamic presenter who I would not hesitate to recommend for your next event.
Commonwealth Bank Foundation
Dominic is a fantastic, dynamic presenter who really demystified the whole thing for us. His presentation was engaging, entertaining and – best of all – really valuable to us in the way we work. I know a lot of people came away from his session with many ideas about how their teams could embrace these tools and improve how they work!
Learning & Development Manager, GlaxoSmithKline
We had the pleasure of Dom Thurbon presenting to the team. It made us think very differently and we were all buzzing with new ideas at the end of the session. We would highly recommend Dom to work with your team – you will be certainly be engaged, challenged and very creative with your approach.
Head of Corporate Marketing, Australian Broadcasting Corporation