Deb Farnworth Wood Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Deb Farnworth Wood
- Deb Farnworth-Wood is a highly successful entrepreneur with the ability to see an opportunity and develop it into a thriving and profitable business model.
- She was a EY Entrepreneur of the Year finalist 2016, Gold Coast Business woman of the Year 2017, finalist of FCA Emerging Franchise Award 2014 and Women in Franchising Finalist 2013.
- She is the founder of the Australian Skin Clinics Franchise taking 1 clinic to 58 in 5 years, with a turnover of $70m., which she sold after overseeing it's merger with Ella Rouge in 2019.
- Author – Step Away from the Mirror – I just want to kiss myself
- Grower of 7 other successful businesses including a Shop Fitting Company, Equipment supply and maintenance company, Pharmacy, General Practice, not-for-profit Surgical Unit, a chain of diet clinics and a Training Company
Topics for Deb Farnworth Wood
- Against all odds
Target Market: Woman in business success
Aged 44 Deb Farnworth-Wood had grown several successful businesses, was burnt out and exhausted and felt she was missing out on work-life balance. She made the momentous decision to sell her core businesses and move to Australia with her husband and two sons to retire.
10 Years on she has grown a $70m turnover business with over 60 retail outlets, learned that life really does begin in your 40’s and discovered that retirement is an over-rated life goal.
Hear how Deb grew a franchise from scratch in an industry she knew little about and despite having no network, no contacts or family in Australia, attained brand recognition with three consecutive BRW placements, the converted EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2016 and Gold Coast Woman in Business Award 2017.
- Building a Brand and Business From Scratch
Target: Entrepreneurs/small business owners
(A twist on the above but focussing on the practicalities rather than the experience)
In this segment Deb speaks about what is needed to bring an idea to life – from the initial through to execution and how to deal with the cynics along the way.
- Staff Theft & Embezzlement
Target Markets: Small business Owners, Entrepreneurs & Corporates
Most managers and business owners believe their staff would not steal from them, but during her career Deb estimates that she has dismissed or “managed out” over 70 staff for theft or embezzlement. She says no paygrade or position is beyond reproach and that organisations need to do far more to protect themselves.
Hear Deb’s perspectives on the systems you need to implement to detect profit erosion and why you should never be complacent about the people you employ/manage.