Damien Thomlinson Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Damien Thomlinson
- Damien Thomlinson, an Australian veteran of the war in Afghanistan, is one that continues to evolve and inspire people around the world.
- In April 2009 Damien’s unit drove over an improvised Taliban bomb. Damien suffered horrendous injuries in the explosion, which resulted in both of his legs being amputated.
- With no time for self-pity, Damien threw himself into his rehabilitation and set about re-claiming his life, on his terms.
- Damien's inspirational autobiography Without Warning: A Soldier's Extraordinary Journey was launched in October 2013.
- His ongoing quest for physical and mental rehabilitation has seen him undertake many challenges including the TARGA Tasmania classic car rally, walking the Kokoda Track, snowboarding as part of the Australian Team for the 2014 and 2016 Invictus Games competing in a range of sports.
- Since 2019, Damien has pursued a golfing career, winning his first professional tournament in 2020 and ranking as one of the top 3 Multi-Amputee golfers in the world.
Topics for Damien Thomlinson
- My story
- Overcoming adversity
- Change management
- Leadership, mentoring and motivation
- Determination and perseverance
- Surrounding yourself with a high performance team
Testimonials for Damien Thomlinson
In recent history no one speaker has ever received such a spontaneous standing ovation - enough said!
The Scots College
We were privileged to have Damien join the Australian Kangaroos Team during preparations for our Test Match against New Zealand. His inspiring story resonated within the team and definitely contributed to the success of our week. We look forward to having him back in the future.
Australian Kangaroos Rugby League Team
Damien Thomlinson was the final speaker at our 2013 Conference and did an outstanding job. His story is one of great courage and humility and there were significant lessons for everyone in the room. Damien’s presentation was voted by a significant number of attendees as the best at the conference. Given that there were 160 people present, and many had been to numerous conferences over the years, it is a great credit to both Damien and his message. We would have no hesitation in recommending Damien to any conference looking for a very good speaker to close with a motivational message.
Fortnum Financial Advisers
I’ve been to a few of these events and no speaker has inspired or made a bigger impact than Damien. This was also the feedback from my other colleagues. When someone can speak on a subject from personal experience and the impact on their lives, it carries more weight and impact for people like us rather than speakers who are skilled at public speaking but leave no lasting impact. I hope to see more speakers of Damien’s calibre.