- Despite losing both legs in the Afghan war, Damien Thomlinson never lost his enthusiasm for life and has since walked the Kokoda track on prosthetic legs.
- Damien's inspirational autobiography Without Warning: A Soldier's Extraordinary Journey was launched in October 2013.
- My story
- Overcoming adversity
- Change management
- Leadership, mentoring and motivation
- Determination and perseverance
- Surrounding yourself with a high performance team
In recent history no one speaker has ever received such a spontaneous standing ovation - enough said!
The Scots College
We were privileged to have Damien join the Australian Kangaroos Team during preparations for our Test Match against New Zealand. His inspiring story resonated within the team and definitely contributed to the success of our week. We look forward to having him back in the future.
Australian Kangaroos Rugby League Team
Damien Thomlinson was the final speaker at our 2013 Conference and did an outstanding job. His story is one of great courage and humility and there were significant lessons for everyone in the room. Damien’s presentation was voted by a significant number of attendees as the best at the conference. Given that there were 160 people present, and many had been to numerous conferences over the years, it is a great credit to both Damien and his message. We would have no hesitation in recommending Damien to any conference looking for a very good speaker to close with a motivational message.
Fortnum Financial Advisers
I’ve been to a few of these events and no speaker has inspired or made a bigger impact than Damien. This was also the feedback from my other colleagues. When someone can speak on a subject from personal experience and the impact on their lives, it carries more weight and impact for people like us rather than speakers who are skilled at public speaking but leave no lasting impact. I hope to see more speakers of Damien’s calibre.