- Chris Gardner is the author of The Pursuit of Happyness which was made into an Academy Award-winning film starring Will Smith.
- His second book, Start Where You Are: Life Lessons in Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be was published in May 2009.
- His childhood was marked by poverty, domestic violence, alcoholism, sexual abuse and family illiteracy.
- He has appeared on a large number of US television talk shows.
- The Pursuit of Happyness and the American Dream
- Overcoming obstacles and breaking cycles
A book that teaches you how to transform the impossible into the possible.
Start Where You Are is a must-have, must-read guide to pursuing happiness in changing times. It’s not just about surviving as an individual or business in the current economic environment, but about thriving – personally, collectively, and globally.
Start Where You Are represents the next phase in Gardner’s career, offering hope and sound advice in this tough economic climate … Transformative and inspirational.
When we read Chris Gardner’s book and saw the movie, ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’, with Will Smith, we should have known that he could do it again – to come from homelessness, a single, struggling father, to becoming a millionaire on Wall Street is no small feat. Now, with his new book, Start Where You Are, he is encouraging us all to start where we are and to dare to make our lives bigger and stronger, more satisfactory, and better. Chris Gardner is a knockout!
The Pursuit of Happyness is an inspiring story of how an incredibly determined man made it to the big-time boardroom, and stayed there. It serves as a tremendous lesson in tenacity. It’s a great story.