Cathy Freeman OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Cathy Freeman OAM
- Cathy Freeman OAM is a proud Kuku Yalanji woman and an Olympic champion.
- In 1990, she was awarded Young Australian of the Year and Australian of the Year in 1998.
- In the 1990 Auckland Commonwealth Games she was part of the gold medal-winning 4x100m relay team, making her the first female Australian Aboriginal to win a gold medal at an international athletics event.
- She was the first competing athlete to be invited to light the Olympic flame at the opening ceremony of the Sydney 2000 Olympics and went on to win the gold medal in the 400m.
- In 2011, Cathy Freeman was elevated to Legend of Australian Sport in the Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
- She was the 2015 recipient of the IOC Women and Sport Award (Oceania), 2015.
- Cathy was appointed as a Member of the IOC Sport and Active Society Committee, 2016.
- Cathy Freeman was awarded the Australian Olympic Committee Order of Merit in 2018.
Topics for Cathy Freeman OAM
- Inspirational speaker
- Indigenous speaker
- Sports speaker
- Motivational speaker