Camilla Thompson Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Camilla Thompson
- Camilla Thompson is the co-founder and managing director of Select Wellness, who specialise in the design and delivery of bespoke strategic mental health and wellbeing programs.
- Camilla has worked with Canva, Atlassian, PwC, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Westpac, Optus, Hermes, Unilever, Sydney Metro and Microsoft to name a few of her clients. She has coached many high profile executives and leaders across these varying industries.
- She has managed several businesses and worked in corporate as a leader prior to founding Select Wellness.
- Camilla's media includes radio interviews and her business Select Wellness has been featured in the SMH, AFR, The Australian, Mumbrella, Ad News, Mediaweek and HR Daily.
- Camilla has been a wellbeing coaching for over 10 years and her brand The Wellness Coach, was a first of its kind nearly 14 years ago.
- Camilla is an executive wellbeing coach, health coach, mental health first aider and has studied epigenetics and neuroplasticity.
- She regularly delivers her talk at health retreats like Elysia and to corporates across Australia & NZ, and MCs events also.
- In her personal life, she wrangles two teenage boys, loves to keep fit, is passionate about cooking healthy food, grows her own veggies, is an ocean lover and can be seen practicing yoga at the local surf club as well having a few drinks there on a Friday (life's all about balance right and keeping it real).
Topics for Camilla Thompson
- I am Superwoman
"It's selfish to put myself first." "I can handle it all. "I don't have time for self-care." "My needs don't matter." "I can't slow down, even when l try."
I am Superwoman is for any woman who has ever felt this way.
It's for women who do too much, rushing from one thing to another and pushing themselves to their limit. It's for women who are overachievers, survivors, multi-taskers and have a constant need to prove themselves.
The I am Superwoman keynote talk empowers women to take responsibility for their health and happiness.
Encouraging us all to start prioritising our wellbeing, slow down, self-regulate, reconnect, treat ourselves better and acknowledge the superwoman within.
After I am Superwoman, you'll walk away with:
- Strategies to regulate and sooth your nervous system, so you can transition from a state of surviving, to thriving.
- Empowered resolve to treat yourself better, put yourself at the top of your priority list and stop comparing yourself to others.
- The ability to reduce your daily micro stresses, giving yourself permission to slow down to become calmer, happier and more present.
- Tools for keeping clear boundaries around your time and energy, and identifying your invisible mental, emotional and physical loads.
- Knowledge about rituals, habits, and creating moments that contribute to your wellbeing with self-compassion and gratitude.
In I am Superwoman, Camilla shares how her personal stories of adversity that have allowed her to break through to find the superhuman strength to keep showing up. Find out what Camilla did to overcome challenges such as debilitating postnatal depression, near-death burnout and living with a chronic illness - while remaining standing, laughing and relatively sane!
- A Better me - Introducing a new approach to Wellbeing ‘Betterment’
‘Imperfectly better wellbeing’
A Better Me delivers science-backed, tried and tested Betterment skills to help your team feel, think, live, connect, work and lead better, without the pressure of perfection.
For anyone who feels like they’re constantly striving to ‘live their best life’ and ‘be their best self’, this keynote keeps wellbeing real.
Camilla shares what she has learnt in her professional and personal life, to help people feel better than they are right now.
Camilla will dig into…
- How comparing yourself to others or trying to be that perfect version of yourself is a recipe for exhaustion, disappointment and self criticism.
- Why, for many of us, wellbeing has become just another overwhelming task that we beat ourselves up for not achieving.
- How the Betterment approach to wellbeing encourages you to know and treat yourself better and empowers hope.
- The Betterment mindset workshop
The ‘Betterment Mindset’ talk or workshop supports participants to cultivate a mindset that has been clinically proven to combat the 3 most common reasons people fail in their attempts to improve their wellbeing.
This session is for anyone who struggles with improving their wellbeing or whose wellbeing exterior is a long way from how they feel on the inside. It is also invaluable for leaders who are struggling to shift the dial on their team’s wellbeing.
What it’s about....
Camilla's experience working with 1000s of employees is that all the wellbeing tips, tricks and good intentions in the world won’t work if you don’t get your mindset right first.
Using a combination of science, stories, case studies and easy to implement tools the Betterment Mindset workshop helps employees who:
- Struggle to prioritise their wellbeing or are unaware of what it is they need to change.
- Are prone to perfectionism and overly harsh on themselves.
- Feel hopeless, burnt out, cynical or lacking in motivation when they think about improving their wellbeing.
Participants will leave with the skills to:
- Know what to do in challenging times when resilience just isn’t enough.
- Start prioritising their own self care and wellbeing.
- Get the balance right between caring for others and caring for self.
- Drop the need for perfectionism, quiet the inner critic and minimise self doubt.
- Stop comparing themselves to others.
- Reframe uncertainty as holding just as much potential for positive as negative outcomes.
- Restore their hope and plan pathways for a better future.
- Cultivate the Betterment Mindset in the people around them and the people they lead.
- Connect better, live better, work better, think better, feel better, lead better workshops
- Empowering women to shift from surviving to thriving
Testimonials for Camilla Thompson
Recognising that the challenging times we have been finding ourselves in have a real impact on our team we invited Camilla in to speak to the team at our annual Tribal on managing better mental health and wellbeing. Camilla engaged the team right from the beginning, she was real, relatable and shared holistic solutions backed by science. I have had so much positive feedback from the team on Camilla’s presentation, it just keeps coming! We look forward to continuing to build on this partnership with Select Wellness, as do our team!
Head of Sales
Thank you Camilla, for sharing your ‘A better Me journey with our team. Personal and impactful - many valuable learnings shared.
(Best place to work Australia 2022, under 100 employees)
A Better Me’ is a real and relatable talk. Thank you Camilla for sharing your personal story, insights into Betterment and practical tips we can all easily build into our day. We have received so much positive feedback from the team. You are awesome!
Camilla - loved hearing your stories and I know so many more will benefit from it as you share it with the world. A real gift to mental health.
Thank so much for sharing your story and providing insight on the new #betterment wellbeing movement.
Director of Insurance & Benefits
Camilla is incredibly knowledgeable, supporting and most importantly realistic about wellbeing and the tools she recommends. Her passion and genuine desire to take others on the wellbeing journey is contagious.
Manager Employee Experience
Camilla is highly recommended as a keynote speaker and coach. Her natural skills and ability to frame ideas makes them immediately approachable and applicable. She has a wealth of knowledge to share!
This week we had the pleasure of welcoming Camilla Thompson from Select Wellness Australia. She shared her own experiences with mental health challenges, as well as tips in the theme of 'A Better Me’. Her talk was an insightful mid-week session, that left us all feeling inspired to refocus on our own mental health and wellbeing, and continue working towards our betterment.
GM, People & Culture