- Bernadette Schwerdt is the CEO of award-winning start-up, Machine Dreams.com.au, and founder of the Australian School of Copywriting.
- The author of bestselling novels How to Build an Online Business and Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs.
- Awards include the Most Innovative Tech Award at the Mainstream Asset Conference in 2019, Bendigo Bank Business Award for Excellence, a place on the prestigious global Startupbootcamp Accelerator Programme in 2020.
- Her podcast How to Build an Online Business is one of Triple M’s most popular podcasts.
- Over 30 years experience as a marketing strategist and clients including Apple, American Express, Colgate, BHP, McDonalds.
- How to bumble your way to success - TEDxMelbourne 2015.
- Top 10 Secrets of Online Entrepreneurship
- Discover the business secrets behind some of Australia’s most successful online businesses. Find out how they got started, and why, the challenges they faced and how they overcame them.
- Discover the practical tools and applications they used to research and validate their idea to guarantee the best chance of success; how they overcame failure, rejection and setback to rise up and achieve their goals; how they built successful teams and transformed their ‘one-man-bands’ into multi-million, (and billion) dollar companies.
- This inspiring, humorous and story-packed keynote contains extensive real-life anecdotes that provide delegates with the practical skills and tips they need to bring their online endeavours to life.
- The Power of Intrapreneurship
- Discover how to bring out the inner entrepreneur (the intrapreneur) of those who work for you
- Learn how to bring an ‘entrepreneurial mindset’ to your business, team or association by creating the foundations upon which great entrepreneurial thinking flourishes.
- Let your people shine and bring their ‘whole self’ to work by discovering how you can encourage key entrepreneurial qualities in your team – risk taking, persistence, teamwork, open minded and passion.
- The Next Megatrend in Online Entrepreneurship
- The Internet of Things, or IoT, is emerging as the next technology mega-trend, with massive repercussions across the business spectrum.
- The IoT merges the physical and online worlds and promises to open up a host of new opportunities and challenges for entrepreneurs, companies, governments and consumers.
- Find out how you or your team can benefit from the ‘third wave’ of the internet and the practical steps you can take now to position your business accordingly.
- How to Write Headlines That Sell
- Discover the art of writing headlines that work.
- Uncover the skills, techniques and psychology behind words that sell.
- Writing For Profit and Influence
- Unlock the 7 secrets to writing effective copy that gets results every time.
- How to get big results on a small business budget.
- The Branding of You
- Discover the 5-step process to rewriting the story of you.
- Revitalise the way you’re perceived by your colleagues and industry.
I just wanted to write a quick email to say how much we enjoyed Bernadette hosting our last two webinars. She is absolutely amazing and so much fun to work with. She really knew how to engage our audience and was so quick to adapt and manage superbly when technology started playing up and speakers starting to talk... and talk.. and talk. I absolutely would use her again. She asked our Marketing Manager really creative questions and really helped us get this talk to a place where it would be engaging. She is amazing with our conference technology, held the attention of our audience, and managed a significant sized audience really well. We particularly loved how she engaged our audience by asking them questions. I have absolutely nothing average or negative to say about Bernadette. She is AMAZING!
Senior Events Coordinator
Bernadette was exceptionally well prepared for both events and delivered above expectations. Her mix of humour, business knowledge, effervescent energy and leadership was crucial to steer the debate. I would highly recommend Bernadette for any moderating/facilitating opportunities.
Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
The calibre of guest speakers which Toyota Australia provide at their dealer training courses has always been high, but they went to a totally new level by using Bernadette Schwerdt. Not only was Bernadette’s speech thoroughly entertaining and engaging, it also provided attendees with some savvy, straight forward techniques which could be used on a daily basis to improve their verbal and written communication skills. I’m not someone who often gives a 10 out of 10 – and I won’t now. I’m giving a 12.
I just wanted to shoot you a quick email to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU - I used one of your “opening statements” (The results are in….) in my summary write up for our Q3 2017 Key Economic Indicator summaries (both national and state level) as per the PRDnationwide Alert email below, and it got picked up immediately by AFR as well as Domain and Courier Mail, and turned into a news article piece! I have done the Key Economic Indicators on a quarterly basis but news coverage on them has been minimum, whereas this time around I used one of your opening statements and boom – 3 news interview requests in a day. So THANK YOU for sharing those tips.
National Research Manager
Bernadette was so wonderful to deal with! She provided us with great value - including a video promo clip and content for blog / publication in order for us to promote the event and her keynote. Her presentation was sent through in advance, to brief and she even provided confirmation of flight arrival details the morning of, which makes it so easy (and stress-free!) from an Event Manager’s perspective. Her presentation content and delivery was very well received and had been well tailored to our specific audience of female real estate professionals. Our attendees spoke very highly of the inspiring, yet also practical keynote. Thanks very much Bernadette!
Real Estate Institute of Queensland
Bernadette was the consummate professional. Her work prior to the events in order to understand them and make sure that the pitch was right to the audience was much appreciated and often this is what makes the difference between a well received presentation or not. She is warm, engaging and knows her stuff. Great tips and her own presenting ability is obviously a great advocate for her material.
Visual Connections Australia Ltd.
Bernadette was extremely insightful. She provided inspiration and practical advice for business owners; was engaging, well-spoken and was wonderful to work with.
Department of Employment
Bernadette was an engaging and knowledgeable speaker who thought 'outside the square' when it comes to new ideas.
You are a dynamic professional whose passion is second to none. You understood our requirements and the messages from your presentation resonated well with the attendees. You delivered what you promised and did it in a way that the attendees totally understood. We would certainly recommend you as a speaker for any organisation – you have an amazing array of topics and talents to share. It was such a great pleasure working with you.
One of the best workshops I have ever been to!
Thank you so much, our delegates just loved Bernadette’s session! Rated as the best speaker of the conference, Bernadette was able to provide education in an engaging and entertaining way. Thank you.
Education & Policy Manager
Strata Community Australia
Bernadette was the best workshop leader I've seen in a long time.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Mortgage Finance Association of Australia.
It is with pleasure that I recommend Bernadette Schwerdt, a presenter committed to tangible and practical outcomes. Bernadette is a subject matter expert that backs up her sessions with a really engaging and powerful presentation style. From the initial briefing right through to the post-conference follow up, Bernadette is a delight to work with and a true professional. I have no doubt that we will be working with Bernadette again in the near future.
Hillross / AMP
The Copywriting Intensive is a MUST for anyone wanting to get started in copywriting. Bernadette packs so much practical advice into the day, plus there’s loads of activities and workshopping throughout. I can’t recommend this workshop highly enough!
Scoopon/The Catch Group
I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate the research you did to tailor the marketing course to our audience of scientists. We have received great feedback from participants who found your workshop thoroughly professional, engaging and informative.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Thank you for presenting at last evening’s event – attendees’ written feedback was resoundingly positive, as expected. Well done, and thank you.
Glen Eira City Council
Bernadette is utterly compelling. A masterful speaker. Inspired
Executive Chairman NORA (National Online Retailers Association)
Thank you again for helping our team overcome the fear of presenting and being able to articulate the features and benefits of what we do. It has been a fantastic experience for all involved, from both a professional point of view and as a team building exercise. The feedback I have received from all our staff can only be described as glowing.