- She is Billie Holiday, clutching the microphone, singing brothel blues.
- She is Piaf, streetwise, playing it straight from the heart.
- She is Judy Garland, "the trouper", all energy and elation hiding her loneliness.
- She is a huge, glittering Mama Cass
- She is a frail silvery Karen Carpenter
- She is incandescent Marilyn Monroe, vulnerable, voluptuous.
- She is Broadway's sweetheart, Judy Holliday
- She is the queen of country, Patsy Cline
- She is the tragic magnificent diva Maria Callas.
- She is all these and more.
- Acting and Musical Performance
"This is a superb performance. She never leaves the stage, her performance never falters. She triumphs. She sells the show on the vigour, artistry, power, the sheer range and quality of her voice; and her uncontrived affection for the women she presents"
Sydney Morning Herald
"Make no mistake, Bernadette Robinson is destined to become a star. Only a singer of great talent and technical accomplishment, with acting ability and a good stage presence, could attempt such a thing. This is the time to see and hear her while she's playing houses under 3,000"