Ben Popham OAM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Ben Popham OAM
- Ben Popham OAM is a Paralympic swimmer and dual Gold Medallist. He is a much loved member of the Dolphins swim team.
- In 2022, Ben Popham was awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia OAM for service to sport as a Gold medallist at the Tokyo Paralympic Games 2020.
- Ben Popham was the 2011 Little Telethon Star and has regularly appeared in Western Australia’s annual televised fundraiser.
- Ben Popham has Cerebral Palsy and often speaks on how organisations and sporting clubs can become more inclusive of those from diverse backgrounds.
- Ben Popham talks on the importance of goal setting and how individuals can ensure they perform when it matters most.
- Ben Popham also discusses how to overcome challenges and obstacles, something he is currently once again putting into practice as a result of being reclassified into a quicker category following his Paralympic success.
- Ben Popham is currently studying a Bachelor of Public Relations and Journalism at Curtin University. In 2019 he was awarded the Curtin University Sportsman of the Year.
Topics for Ben Popham OAM
- How organisations can be more inclusive of those from diverse backgrounds
Ben Popham OAM shares his experiences as someone living with a disability on how organisations can be more inclusive of those from diverse backgrounds to ensure they maximise their potential.
- The right goal setting techniques to maximise performance
Ben Popham shares his experiences as an elite athlete on how individuals should approach goal setting to ensure they peak when it matters most.
- Thinking big, overcoming challenges and achieving your goals
Ben Popham shares his life experiences as someone living with a disability who has had to overcome many challenges and obstacles and still been able to achieve his goals. This is currently very topical for Ben as he is currently putting into practice these skills once again as a result of being reclassified into a quicker category following his Paralympic success. Ben will talk through his approach to dealing with set-backs and ensuring he retains a strong mental attitude.
- The life of an elite para-athlete
Ben Popham provides a light-hearted take on his experiences as an elite para-athlete.
Testimonials for Ben Popham OAM
Ben Popham has a great personality that came forth to engage the whole room. Everyone loved him and wanted more of him.