Anyier Yuol Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Anyier Yuol
- Anyier Yuol is a human rights activist for migrants and refugees, gender diversity and cultural competency.
- She is the founder and CEO of Miss Sahara and Anyier Model Management.
- Anyier Yuol's numerous awards include; Young woman of the west 2020 (highly commended); Phd scholarship at Western Sydney University 2019; Zonta international district 24 women of achievement award 2019; professional and academic excellence award, celebration of African Australian Inc. 2019;
- She has been interviewed on SBS, ABC TV and Radio, local news.
Topics for Anyier Yuol
- Diversity and inclusion - How to support the practice of inclusion
Inclusive leadership that supports diversity starts by building a culture of belonging, educating yourself and others, promoting positive visibility and equitable opportunities. Leaders need to ensure individuals are aware that they can all benefit equitably to reach their full potentials.
Anyier Yuol draws from personal experience as a woman of colour and Australian-South Sudanese growing up being seen as the ‘other’. After being told that Australia was not ready to crown a minority to represent Australia at an international pageant during a competition, right there, she understood the hurt of ‘not belonging’. Anyier believes equality can only be achieved if the diversity, differences, and equity is truly valued.
Anyier uses her knowledge and lived experience to inspire individuals and leaders to leverage the diversity of thinking to ensure they are creating a space that creates systemic change.
In her talk, you will learn:
- Why achieving true diversity is a continuous journey and not a one-off destination.
- Why it is important to leverage the commercial value of creating an inclusive workplace that supports diversity.
- How to encourage others to speak up and be heard.
- How Inclusion can be a powerful enabler of positive outcomes.
- How Anyier is utilising the fashion and beauty industry, by establishing a sustainable modelling agency with a focus on social change to have important conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Education and gender equality
Successful individuals, communities, and societies are underpinned by the quality of their educational system. Without equal opportunity and accessible education, individuals cannot reach their full potential.
Born in a refugee camp and raised without formal education, Anyier understands the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing education. Anyier has firsthand experience education challenges that exist with being a refugee young woman. Anyier has forged her own path to success by completing her Bachelors, Masters and now undertaking a PhD, once again, seeking to advance the opportunities for women through her research into challenges and inequalities faced by women in relationships involving bride or dowry exchange traditions. Anyier Yuol collaborates with a range of stakeholders to amplify the voice of women in Western Sydney across Australia and the world over.
In her talk, you will:
- Gain insight on how Anyier education journey has led her to where she is today.
- Gain insight on her work in the social advocacy space and the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR).
- Growth mindset – How to shift your thinking
Having a growth mindset is about believing that you can achieve and do anything through hard work. A growth mindset encourages you to overcome obstacles and view setbacks as opportunities. If you have a growth mindset, you are open to the possibility of positively influencing the culture of your interpersonal and professional relationships.
Anyier Yuol believes your ability to shift your thinking and choose your mindset makes a significant difference to how you succeed in your personal and professional life. If you choose to have a fixed mindset, you will never realise your potential. A growth mindset educates you to see obstacles, identify your strengths, adapt to opportunities, and learn. When Anyier established her social enterprise businesses, she had no idea how far she would be able to go but she had every intention of finding out. She made mistakes and learnt along the way.
In her talk, you will learn:
- How Anyier keeps positive and balance her professional and personal life to achieve her goals.
- How to approach stress, problems, and perceived obstacles.
- How to maintain your growth mindset to accelerate your leadership capabilities.
- Building resilience - How to adapt and overcome any challenges
Being resilient does not mean that a person does not experience difficult life events, but rather that they are better able to cope with them when they do occur. It involves being able to adapt to changes and approach negative events as constructively as possible.
Born in a refugee camp in Kenya, dealt with the loss of both of her parents at an early age and moving to Australia at age 10 years old, Anyier largely created her own future through hard work and resilience.
Anyier Yuol has seized every opportunity offered to her to not only extend her formal education to Doctorate level, launched her social enterprise businesses, but also has a vision for an inclusive society in which individuals from multicultural communities can work to achieve their aspirations and make a significant contribution to their adopted multicultural country.
In her talk, you will learn:
- How Anyier has reframe adversity into opportunities for leadership and growth.
- How Anyier guiding values drives her.
- How Anyier was able to garner an audience both locally and internationally, motivating her to create her own national annual pageant and launching a modelling agency.
Testimonials for Anyier Yuol
Anyier Yuol has a commanding presence, and an open and honest nature. She had great content and it was age appropriate for the audience. She looked fabulous and exuded positive vibes. Anyier was a pleasure to work with.
The Hills Shire Council
Anyier Yuol was a very relevant, relatable and engaging speaker. She was able to captivate the room with her story and inspire our team to keep working on developing their growth mindset and to build on their resilience, positivity and adaptability. Anyier's wealth of knowledge in the diversity, inclusion and gender equality space was also incredibly relevant and interesting for our team, as this is a key focus of our business. Anyier was also highly accessible and warm, she was so generous with her time, staying around after the presentation to talk further with our team and even joined us at our post event function. Our team were so incredibly appreciative of her additional time, discussion and positive energy!
Eftpos Payments Australia
Anyier Yuol was absolutely fantastic.