- Alison’s mindfulness course was used in ground-breaking research by Monash University and together with the research featured in the award-winning SBS documentary The Silent Epidemic (2010)
- Alison sharpened her understanding of mindfulness and how to teach it by travelling to California in 2007 to study under pre-eminent mindfulness authority and author, Professor of Medicine Emeritus, Jon Kabat-Zinn at Mt Madonna
- Alison travelled to Bhutan in 2015 to explore Buddhism in this country, mindfulness in Bhutan’s schools and to also undertake a spiritual holiday which culminated in an arduous climb to the iconic Tiger’s Nest Buddhist Monastery, 3700 metres above sea level
- As a journalist, Alison worked her way up from junior radio reporter & newsreader at Brisbane’s Radio 4BK, Radio 4BC & FM104 in the eighties to become a senior ABC television journalist and producer in Melbourne and Brisbane
- Alison’s early working life as a radio reporter began in the turbulent political days of Queensland’s controversial street march laws legislated by State Government of Joh Bjelke Petersen. She was also a senior government media advisor during the Hawke Government of the late eighties
- The Mindful Way to Overcome Work Stress
- The Role of Mindfulness and Meditation in Modern Day Health Care
- Living a Full and Meaningful Life Through Daily Meditation
Alison Keane’s gentle style and belief in the power of mindfulness to contribute to the health of individuals and organisations was evident from the first time we met with her. Throughout 2015 and 2016, Alison delivered a rolling series of 5-week mindfulness courses to SLQ staff, in addition to a one day workshop for our senior and executive leaders. Feedback on the mindfulness training delivered by Alison was glowing. The calm, patient and careful manner in which she leads groups was evident throughout our program and our staff appreciated Alison’s insights and encouragement to become more aware of themselves, their reactions, behaviours and their wellbeing. Alison’s contribution to the leadership program at SLQ was valuable and her knowledge and flexibility ensured that our program was successful – as testament to this a group of SLQ staff continue to meet for a mindful meditation every week.
Senior Workforce Capability Officer, People and Planning
State Library of Queensland
Thank you for running such a unique mindfulness session for our employees. As real estate agents we lead high-paced lifestyles with long hours and high public expectation. Alison not only provided us amazing techniques to assist in focusing at work, but her session also provided some fantastic exercises to relax and focus at home with loved ones. From the 40 staff who attended Alison's mindfulness presentation, I have received nothing but positive feedback
Property Manager Corporate Liaison & Team Mentor
Place Estate Agents
Alison you have demonstrated great skill and knowledge in guiding our journey in mindfulness. You have a wealth of experience and have taught with a sense of peace, organisation, structure and purpose.
Brisbane Catholic Education