Akram Azimi Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Akram Azimi
- Akram Azimi is the co-founder and director of I Am the Other (reconciliation). For more than seven years, Akram Azimi has been a mentor of True Blue Dreaming, a rural and remote educational program.
- As an End of Polio ambassador, Rotarian and grassroots advocate, Akram Azimi contributed to the government’s funding commitment of $80 million for polio eradication in 2013, and another $20 million in 2014.
- Akram Azimi has published articles in Australian newspapers and policy magazines, covering a wide variety of social issues from extreme poverty, polio, philanthropy and reconciliation.
- He has completed a triple major at the end of 2015 (Law, Honours), Science and Sociology (Honours) at the University of Western Australia.
- Akram Azimi was announced as Australia's Commonwealth National Youth Delegate (2015 - 2017).
- He is a Goodeve Foundation Scholar.
Topics for Akram Azimi
- The ethics and ethos of leadership
- From the facts of multiculturalism and to the values of interculturalism
- Education, teaching and mentoring
- Extreme poverty and global health
- Value from values: culturally engendering ethically justifiable values
- The ethics of reconciliation (from a non-Indigenous perspective)
- International refugee and displaced persons policy
- Social justice and social policy: from research to ideas, from community consensus to political implementation
Testimonials for Akram Azimi
A gifted public speaker, well prepared for the topic of the event and audience, while telling his own story. Audience came away being inspired, more informed and also challenged.
Margaret River Uniting Church
Akram Azimi really connected with our students – especially our boys. His personal story and gentle manner and approach really spoke to them, and whilst it may take time and maturity for some of them to understand the full meaning of Akram’s message, he has certainly left them with many things to think about, and influenced their way of thinking. One boy stated in his head boy application that he was inspired to apply for the position because of Akram’s courage and fortitude to step out of his comfort zone in a new country, and to alter the choices he was making.
Sacred Heart College
Akram Azimi was great to deal with and genuinely cared about serving our audience well.