Tony McManus Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Tony McManus
- Conceived and initiated the introduction of the AFL’s beyondblue Cup between Geelong and Hawthorn. Now played Nationally across all levels in Australia.
- Mental Health Advocate who focuses on the importance of Social Connection as a Mental Health Solution and also a simple Corporate Social Responsibility outcome.
- Founder of Connect 2 Grow. Highlighting how ordinary people are doing extraordinary things though Volunteering and Mentoring. 2016 Nominee Aust. Mental Health Prize.
- His work has been reported in the Sunday Age, ABC TV and Radio and a number of times in the Geelong Advertiser. He is a regular guest on 93.9 BayFM.
- National Ambassador of beyondblue, Community Ambassador of RU OK?, Founder of a successful Community Bank, “Bollies” Geelong Community Business Award winner.
- Appeared in The Project on Channel 10’s story about a “Veteran’s Final Resting Place” as a spin off from a Volunteer Tourism project in Papua New Guinea.
Topics for Tony McManus
- Solving a WW2 mystery whilst on a volunteer tourism project
How engaging in a Volunteer Tourism Project as a Mental Health solution on a remote “Gilligan’s Island” off the North West of PNG is closing the final chapter of a tragic WW2 event
- Simple minimal cost strategies to volunteer your way to happiness
Social Connection as a highly effective Mental Health solution. Using the mantra “the best exercise that you can do is to help someone else who is down to get up”
- It's not all about work! The other side of the work life balance equation
Reducing presenteeism through simple strategies that help you become an employer of choice who has a strong community profile
- Creating an environment where it is ok to say “I am not ok”
Getting on the front foot to increase awareness and reduce the stigma associated with tackling the Black Dog
- Team building to create a premiership team
Applying the Geelong Cats (3 recent AFL Grand Finals) and Costa Groups (one of Australia’s largest wholesale distributors and exporters of fresh fruit and vegetables) Core Value strategies to an SME to create a winning team.
Testimonials for Tony McManus
It is such an important story that we shouldn’t forget…….behind every photo there is a story….the amazing thing is that the Australian Army’s Unrecovered Casualties Unit has opened up a specific case file because of the work of civilians [on a Volunteer Tourism project ] that’s a pretty extraordinary thing that people, just ordinary people could start something like that.
Channel 10 The Project
We used Tony to present a series of 1 hour workshops on Mental Health Awareness to our workforce. We wanted sessions that would resonate with a wide range of employees. The sessions were designed to create a greater level of awareness around the issue of Mental Health and to destigmatise the issue. We also wanted employees to know how to better manager stressors in life and the workplace, and to encourage people to ask for assistance. We chose Tony because we felt he would relate well to our workforce. He speaks from personal experience with a compelling personal story of his own struggles and successes. He approaches the subject in a practical 'down to earth way' rather than using a purely academic approach. Tony's passion and experience with the subject of mental health shows through in his presentations.
McHarry's Buslines Pty. Ltd.
This was our first event, and I am so glad that we had Tony as our guest speaker. It was a big success and I have already received excellent feedback from my colleagues. Although mental health is a serious topic, Tony managed to make it really enjoyable and interesting for our team. He has a wonderful, down-to-earth approach which makes it easy to connect with him. Tony had the right content and the right approach for our company. He showed a genuine passion for what he does, and he went to great efforts to personalise the presentation to our needs, which I really appreciated. I really enjoyed the Q & A session at the end of the presentation. It is a true measure of the trust and credibility of a guest speaker when team members open up and ask personal questions. We could not be happier, and I will be happy to recommend Tony to other organisations.
Information Technology, Australia Post
Just a short note to thank you for the recent presentation to our guys. This was well received and the feedback has been very positive. We have received an email from an employee’s wife informing us that they have faced some struggles, and thanking us for the recognition, care and understanding. Another employee has personally thanked Vic and praised the company for this initiative whilst at the same time acknowledging that he has also faced struggles. The Company’s recognition and acceptance that Men’s Mental Health is very real, widespread, and, that it affects a lot of people, has served as a catalyst and encouraged this particular employee to take the final step, and seek help – he was very appreciative. I am sure there are many more – thanks again - great result.
Thanks for your presentations to SRW over the last couple of days. I know we were very quiet on the questions. However you did have an impact – one of our staff (Tim, who spoke to you) decided to send this open letter to all our staff today. Tim tells me that he’s had a huge response to this letter in the last couple of hours, and he was happy for me to send the letter through to you. Every little bit counts!
Southern Rural Water