Steve Gurney Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Steve Gurney
- Steve Gurney was a professional adventure athlete at the top of his game for 2 decades.
- Steve now travels the world adventuring and as motivational speaker and trainer in mental excellence.
- Steve Gurney was poisoned by bat dung while racing in Borneo jungles where he nearly died.
- He invented a record breaking Pod bike, a kayak with wings and an anti-gravity paddle levitation device.
- Steve Gurney is a published author with 3 books: Lucky legs an autobiography,; Eating Dirt, adventure stories about managing risk; The Beginner’s guide to Adventure Sport in NZ.
Topics for Steve Gurney
Steve Gurney likes to discuss and plan the type of session you’d like, your workplace problems you’d like solved and the specific outcomes you’d like. Alternatively, you can select from his most popular presentations
- Turn obstacles into opportunities
Steve’s entertaining and educational personal stories of emerging triumphant from adventure-gone-wrong, jungles, deadly animals, hospital.
- Escape the “Bubblewrap”
In the current climate tending toward over-regulation, Steve shares stories and strategies to instead develop intelligent teams, family and an empowered society that can manage risk for itself instead of the unsustainable
- Living a life to die for!
Leave delegates highly motivated to live life on purpose. Challenging audiences to examine their limiting beliefs and their bucket lists. “Life truly begins at the edge of your comfort zone”
- The science of success
Studying the strategies of society’s high achievers. Learn the latest goal-achieving techniques
- Develop bulletproof resilience
Having lived and thrived through the Christchurch quakes “Mr Resilient” is ready to shake up your team with some constructive and uplifting motivation techniques, and resilience-building stories.
Testimonials for Steve Gurney
By blending real life achievements, experience and methods Steve was able to engage our people in honest and challenging conversations about “lifting the bar”. Steve has a no nonsense and honest approach to conversations and change that people respond to, he’s engaging and entertaining and challenging. We’ve already booked him for our next session.
Commonwealth Bank Grp Australia
Steve was inspirational, a real catalyst for positive change throughout our team. We look forward to him coming back next year.
Air New Zealand
“FANTASTIC!”, “a perfect, perfect tonic at the end of the day for that particular audience”, “couldn’t have been a better match”, “he was just so lovely”, “fun” and “he was just part of our whole day”.
Harcourts Real Estate NZ
Your personal accounts of how you obtained and sustained peak performance have contributed to advancing the development of sport in New Zealand.
New Zealand Olympic Committee
Love Steve’s energy. Totally approachable and seems genuinely interested. The sports/racing stories really add to the lessons – making them real.
Provided a great insight to the way of the mind and how to achieve what you want in a simple and fun manner. The course really opened my perspective to NLP now I think I’m hooked! It’s fantastic!