Steph Tisdell Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Steph Tisdell
- Steph Tisdell is a proud Indigenous woman who is a major up-and-comer in the Australian Comedy Scene.
- She loves to talk about her experiences as a Ydinji woman and what her culture means to her.
- Steph Tisdell's mission is to empower those around her, using comedy as a way to observe the world, finding the funny in heartbreak is an important tool for everybody.
- Her TV and radio appearances include Melbourne International Comedy Festival Gala, The Project, Stand Up for Christchurch, Tonightly ABC, Comedy Up Late ABC, 3 Minutes With… ABC, BBC UK.
- Steph Tisdell's many awards include Melbourne International Comedy Festival John Pinder Award, Melbourne International Comedy Festival Best Newcomer, Adelaide Fringe Festival Emerging Artist Weekly Award and Deadly Funny National Comedy Competition.
- Her first supporting role in a feature film “Love You Like That” released in 2020.
Topics for Steph Tisdell
- Mental health
- Corporate events
Testimonials for Steph Tisdell
Thanks heaps for working with our students last week. The kids got a lot out of it. Your friendly, down-to-earth approach worked really well. My 10 Drama class were very inspired and performed their ideas developed in the workshop for the whole class the next day and very excited by it all. The kids had a lot of fun and laughs. The challenge of creating a comic scene from your suggested words, hearing about your own experiences and work, went down well.
Acting Cultural Program Leader
Mt Maria College
Steph Tisdell is an absolute legend, she stepped up as a keynote for our mental health conference and completely held the room with her speech, everyone was cry-laughing so much, she is pretty damn hilarious. Her ability to be so real, so human an accessible brings a layer of extraordinary richness to her amazing humour and wit. She was totally professional, generous and authentic and we’d have her back in a heartbeat.
Peer Workforce Engagement and Development Coordinator
This show carefully balances the hard truths Indigenous Australians face with tongue-in-cheek jokes and hilarious quips…hilarious and informative.
An impressive grip of complicated material…Tisdell will become one of those must-book favourites in years to come.
Tisdell’s stand-up is equal parts informative and unequivocally funny…an act that is both sincere and sincerely hilarious.
Riotous, audacious and incredibly smart…Tisdell’s message of empathy over apathy is one that we all need to hear.