Simone Austin Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Simone Austin
- Simone is the Author of Eat Like An Athlete. A book about how we can all use nutrition like athletes do to boost our performance and energy through nutrition
- Sports Dietitian of Hawthorn AFL football club from 2008-2020, helping the Hawks to 3 premierships.
- Sports Dietitian to the Australian Men’s Cricket team between 2001-2008 with the likes of Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath.
- President of Sports Dietitians Australia 2015-2020. She is highly regarded in her profession and was recognised in 2019 with an award the exceptional Advocacy for the Profession.
- Is a Media Spokesperson for the Dietitians Association of Australia with regular television, radio, print and online media expert opinion and comment e.g. Body & Soul, House of Wellness, Television news, ABC & 3AW radio.
- Is a regular presenter and has featured on My Market Kitchen, joint cooking & nutrition presentations with celebrity chef George Calombaris, with Barilla Pasta Chef at the Australian Open for media and influencer guests, at Grain Growers National Conference hosting sessions with well known Australian athletes, hosted the podcast series, ‘The Strawberry Jam Sessions’ for Victorian Strawberries and has moved into exploring the online world of presenting also.
- She is currently the Chief Health Officer at ‘healthylife’ and was recently the Senior Dietetic Adviser and manager of the Advocacy and Policy Team at Dietitians Australia.
Topics for Simone Austin
- Eat like an athlete
Athletes use nutrition as a tool to maximise performance, and with Eat Like an Athlete we can too. This presentation cuts through the nutrition noise and makes healthy eating practical for all, boosting your performance and energy through nutrition.
The audience will leave with strategies to improve their own diet and achieve goals. It is a positive nutrition message about fueling your body, not depriving it.
- Women in nutrition
We are flooded with nutrition information from so called experts and bombarded with advertising. Too many women are confused about what to eat and how to nourish their body for health and wellbeing. This presentation makes it simple, practical and empowering, focusing on health and wellbeing, not dieting. Make peace with food.
- Mood and food - Mental health
We now have science to show that what we eat affects out mood. About 45% of Australians will be affected by a mental illness at some time in their life. This presentation gives practical advice on what we can do to maximise our mental health and mood, through food.
- Nutrition in the workplace
We spend many of our waking hours at work, eating anywhere between 1-3 meals and some snacks. What you eat at work will have impact on your health or in this climate what you eat whilst working from home may influence your productivity and health. How can we make the workplace ‘nutrition’ elite? Practical tips for yourself and the workplace to use nutrition to maximise performance at work.
- Intersection between wholefood and quick food
We are time poor and want to be health rich. How do we bring the two together? How to make nourishing ‘fast food’ prepared yourself for the whole family. How do we know what to buy, read the labels and make it happen?
- Gut health
One of the biggest nutrition topics. Gut health is a driver of whole body health. What can we eat to maximise gut health and what to avoid to minimise damage. From mood, heart health, metabolism and more the gut plays a role.
- Healthy Cooking Demo
In person or online join Simone to cook along or watch her whip up a quick meal or snack. Tips on what to keep stocked in your fridge and pantry and how to put together a balanced meal easily at the end of a long day. Nutrition tips to share along the way.
Testimonials for Simone Austin
Simone is a highly engaging presenter who we have partnered with for more than two years to increase awareness about the benefits and impact of healthy eating and improved nutrition in personal and professional life. The feedback from our teams who have listened to Simone has been very positive. Feedback forms regularly comment on Simone’s nutrition segment as being one of their highlights of the workshops we deliver. Our partnership with Simone has contributed to improved health and wellbeing across our workforce – particularly in our Intensive Care Unit and our Emergency Department.
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
Simone has been a fantastic asset to the Rokeby Farms team- tremendously knowledgeable, and definitely captures a crowd with her infectiously passionate personality.
We were very lucky have Simone talk to our people at Seven. We are focusing on investing in our health and wellbeing for our people and Simone is a great advocate to use to do this. Our people loved the lunch and learn! We will definitely work with Simone on other Health and Wellbeing initiatives here at Seven.
Staff Health & Wellbeing
Simone delivered two excellent 'Seasoned Nutrition' seminars for our Wellness Studio in Thornbury. Her wealth of knowledge and years of experience are unquestionable but it is her ability to communicate relevant information clearly and succinctly which makes her a stand out in her field. Simone is a charismatic and engaging presenter who harnesses her passion to hold her audience's interest from start to finish. The seminars were a huge success and left the attendees wanting more! Thank you Simone.
Just Believe Fit
Thank you again for your presentation today, the students haven't stopped talking about it.
Swinburne University Dietetics Programme
Simone came and presented a nutritional seminar to our developing and elite level swimmers, the talk was really engaging full of great anecdotes and useful tips. All our swimmers and parents walked away with quality, realistic advice that even the busiest of households could follow. We are looking forward to running other workshops in the future!
Ringwood Swimming Club
I have just listened to your Fad Diets Webinar via Education in Nutrition. I wanted to email you to say, that was fantastic. Whist I gained a lot from the information, one of the things that really registered was your added bit at the end re confidence in ourselves.
We are really grateful for your contribution to our Spokesperson’s Program. You are a stand-out in terms of your engagement and willingness to contribute – thank you!
Dieticians Association of Australia Media Spokesperson Programme