- Determined to leverage business as a force for good, Simon founded two successful social enterprises - Who Gives A Crap and Shebeen - in his twenties.
- He launched Who Gives A Crap with an award-winning pre-sales campaign that created $1 million worth of PR value and attracted more than 2.5 million social media hits.
- Simon has grown Who Gives A Crap into a multi-million dollar company, tripling sales year-on-year since launch and donating more than $1 million to help provide access to a toilet. Total donations reaching $8.3 million in July 2020.
- Simon has galvanised a huge online community to support his businesses, with hundreds of thousands of followers and extremely high engagement levels.
- Recognising the rapid evolution of office culture, Simon has built Who Gives a Crap to enable his team to work remotely—his 30+ employees currently work in 4 different countries, with flexible work hours and locations.
- Changing the world with beer and toilet paper - TEDxMelbourne.
- ONExRoll - TEDxBrisbane 2014.
- The Business of Making a Difference
- Business: Failing leads to Success
- Innovation: Everyone's doing it, but we're doing it different
- Be Bold and Make it Happen
- Lessons from Running a Purpose-led Business
Entertaining and engaging with a relevant story to tell.
Municipal Works Officers Association
Simon was very interesting, funny, humble and insightful. He was an excellent speaker and I would recommend him to anyone else looking to engage a speaker like this for an event.
Simon’s presentation was as always terrific. Very humble, great story, well delivered, funny. Interestingly very good for an audience of people from different cultures, who may have come from areas where the work that Simon is doing work. One man was very interested and thanked him for what he was doing.
Simon was excellent! Really engaging and wonderful to work with.
Simon was very easy to work with, on time, flexible and accommodating. He is a great speaker. I love that he didn’t read information from a PowerPoint he just spoke from his experience. Very engaging and we had good feedback from the crowd.
Fundraising Institute of Australia
Simon was fantastic. Lovely to deal with and extremely well prepared.
Simon was very engaging from the beginning and a great way to finish off the conference. The audience was very inspired and enjoyed his message. Some delegates even signed up to order toilet paper from Who Gives a Crap.
Peel Chamber of Commerce & Industry Inc.
Simon’s presentation was extremely entertaining and informative. He is very personable and had our guests completely engaged. What an inspirational and thoughtful guy… who has achieved so much already at such a young age. We look forward to seeing where he goes from here… which will undoubtedly be far!
CEO Forum Group
Simon was very inspirational in his talk at the Big Friday of Social Entrepreneurship at MGSM. He shared the highs and lows of being a social entrepreneurs very openly, while also being highly engaging and entertaining. He then took the time to engage with the students, which they found very helpful. Thank you for a great talk!
AWESOME ...Absolutely wonderful.
Just a note of thanks for the great presentation you gave at our recent INNOV8 function. I have had great feedback from everything about your engaging presentation nature to the awesome innovations you have worked to deliver, to your passion for making a difference. I am stoked you got everyone talking and provided a memorable presentation to our Innovation community.