Sarah Moran Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Sarah Moran
- In 2019, Sarah and the Girl Geek Academy team created Girl Geeks, a four-book series published by Penguin Random House's Puffin line to get young women who love tech into popular culture.
- In 2018, Sarah won the Australian Women’s Weekly Woman of the Future award in the Entrepreneur and Business category.
- In 2018 Sarah joined the Channel 9 Today Show experts, regularly appearing in features on gender equality and STEM issues for the popular breakfast TV show.
- Sarah is a member of the Victorian Minister's Advisory Council for Gender Equality.
- Sarah sits on the RMIT Games Industry Advisory Committee (IAC) and the Melbourne International Games Week Steering Committee.
- Sarah is the co-founder and CEO of Girl Geek Academy, an organisation that has trained more than 1000 teachers in #MissMakesCode, the world’s first hackathon for girls aged five to eight. That equates to a reach of more than 10,000 students in Australia now exposed to STEM education from the age of five.
Topics for Sarah Moran
- Fix the system, not the girls - A gender equality action plan for your industry
Based on the groundbreaking work led by Sarah and Girl Geek Academy, this talk highlights the systemic issues creating a barrier to gender equality in technology and STEM in Australia.
Crucially, this presentation identifies what you can do to take action in your specific industry. Learn from the ongoing progress made in the tech industry to address the root causes of gender inequality, and what other organisations are doing to change the ratio in a male dominated industry.
- Women and girls in STEM
- Technology trends
- Startups and entrepreneurship
- Creativity and innovation
- Gender Equality
- Diversity and inclusion