Richard Baker Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Richard Baker
- Richard Baker is one of Australia’s most trusted and respected investigative journalists. A multi-award winner, he has been involved in stories that have sparked criminal prosecutions all over the world, led to commissions of inquiry and legislative change.
- In recent year, he has been at the forefront of narrative podcast storytelling in Australia and his expertise is highly sought after by production companies all over the world.
- He is able to de-mystify the news media and explain how the best journalists find their stories. Richard has devised a successful method of storytelling through which he is able to engage millions of podcast listeners by guiding them through complex stories and building emotional connection to characters. If you’re looking to cut through all the white noise to make an impact, then he can help you.
- His media experience includes 23 years at The Age and Sydney Morning Herald newspapers. Co-productions with ABC Four Corners and 7:30. Appearances on The Project and breakfast TV. He has also been a regular of the top rating 3AW radio breakfast program for several years.
- Richard has facilitated sessions for media and communications departments for medical companies, Victoria Police and major forensic accounting firms. He has delivered keynote speeches for the Media and Entertainment Arts Alliance and on podcasting for Mumbrella.
- Richard is the inaugural Liffman Fellow at Swinburne University’s Department of Media and Communications. Previously, he has taught the investigative journalism component of the University of Melbourne’s masters degree.
- In his personal life, Richard is passionate about community sport and has coached junior football and cricket teams for many years. He plays guitar in a band and is trying to recruit as many of his friends as he can to come surfing.
Topics for Richard Baker
- True crime
- Media and society
- Media and the law
- How to get your story/podcast/documentary to cut through the noise
Understanding people, winning trust, power of stories and overcoming adversity.