Renee Peterson Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Renee Peterson
- Renee Peterson is a professional media personality with over twenty years of experience in the Australian and international media industry, integrating the real-life experience into the academic environment with her PhD in Media and Communication.
- Her company RPP engages with national and international clients to succeed in their business and professionally transition from old media to new media environments. RPP collaborates on their social media platforms, conferences, hosting events, mentoring staff, and more.
- Renee's PhD research focuses on the media ecology of celebrities navigating their professional transition as social media influencers in a podcast series called 'From Screen Celebrity to Social Media influencer' with her dissertation. She presents her PhD research at national and international academic conferences.
- She is a sessional academic lecturer at Victoria University for the Bachelor of Screen Media degree. Renee teaches the following courses: Radio Production, Introduction Screen Media, and Cross Media Practice. She uses her professional media industry experience collaborating with the academic curriculum to engage all students.
- Currently working at the University of Melbourne, Arts Faculty.
- Renee is an experienced AFL and AFLW Match Day and Corporate Events Host. Renee's an expert in outside broadcasts, interviewing talent and fans and presenting to 95K people at the MCG and Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.
- She has been a host and guest on various national and international radio and podcast shows. Renee has won many Australia Radio Commercial Awards (ACRAS), has had a number one rating commercial radio and TV shows, hosted the ARIAS at the Sydney Opera House and collaborated with charities.
Topics for Renee Peterson
- Master of ceremonies
- How do you start inventing your career in any industry?
Through lived experience, Renee shares insights on how to invent your career within an industry.
Born on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Renee worked for SCA for 12 years as a radio and television, presenter, producer in Australia and internationally. Renee returned to Australia to create her own media company RPP, then completed a Master of Media with Distinction and began a PhD in Media and Communication to lead into a new direction within the media academic environments.
- Industry Vs university life
In this keynote Renee addresses:
- Is University for you?
- Why was it so crucial for my career to return to university to complete a Masters of Media, and then a PhD?
- How to return to university with real-life industry experience?
- Why should you do a MASTERS?
- Why should you do a PhD?
- How to navigate the world of academia?
- What are the challenges of an industry professional integrating into the academic landscape?
- Why LinkedIn is your professional resume
Why is LinkedIn so important for your professional career?
In this keynote, Renee addresses:
- How do you present yourself professionally online on LinkedIn and social media platforms?
- How to engage with professional networking on LinkedIn?
- How to professionally transition into the contemporary ecology of your career?
- Social media for business
- How to engage with social media professionally?
In this keynote Renee shares:
- Easy ways to start a professional relationship with social media for your business?
- Why is it essential to have social media for your business?
- How do you find a social media content creator who understands your brand, business and focus?
- How do you evolve in the contemporary media environment of social media?
- Women supporting women
In this keynote, Renee discusses:
- How do you support women in your industry?
- How to find a mentor?
- How do you find your women's tribe with good vibes?
- Why is it so important to be a woman who supports women?
- The best lessons of life and career
In this keynote, Renee addresses:
- The top 5 best lessons in my career?
- The best advice I was given.
- Life and Career how do you balance?