Professor Sharon Lewin AO, FRACP, PhD, FAHMS Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Professor Sharon Lewin AO, FRACP, PhD, FAHMS
- Professor Sharon Lewin AO, FRACP, PhD, FAHMS is the inaugural director of the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity.
- She is an infectious diseases physician and virologist.
- Her research focuses on understanding why HIV persists on treatment and developing clinical trials aimed at ultimately finding a cure for HIV infection, and more recently has established a new research program on diagnostics and treatments for COVID-19.
- She leads a large national network funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia called The Australian Partnership in Research for Infectious Disease Emergencies (APPRISE) which focuses on pandemic preparedness and started in Australia in 2016.
- She is passionate about science communication and community engagement and has provided objective and rational insights and perspectives on both HIV and more recently COVID-19 in the national and international media and to civil society and the business community.
Topics for Professor Sharon Lewin AO, FRACP, PhD, FAHMS
- COVID-19: challenges ahead
What are future challenges of COVID-19?
- Leadership in times of uncertainty
As a national leader in the response to COVID-19 and as the director of one of the major research institutes in Australia working on COVID, Dr Lewin discusses the science of communication, managing high performing people in crisis mode, working with State and Federal politicians.