Peter Sheahan Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Peter Sheahan
- Acclaimed globally for his expertise in anticipating and responding to changing market behaviour, Peter Sheahan is a best-selling author and international speaker with a reputation for transforming organisations by turning traditional paradigms on their head, inspiring innovative business thinking and creating lasting change.
- He is able to identify areas of untapped potential within organisations, develop the thought processes and skills required to convert that potential into results, and then engage the key individuals to make it a reality.
- Peter's original perspectives on the changing nature of workforce trends, labour and consumer markets, and strategies for responding to these changes influence the strategy of market leading organisations including News Corporation, Google, Coca-Cola and Ernst & Young.
- His trademark provocative style and unique insights are heralded for shifting the mindsets of leaders out of the world as it used to exist and into the world as it exists today.
Topics for Peter Sheahan
How to become the obvious choice
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers! This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization and matter more to your customers than your competition. This journey will require that you:
- Understand the difference between value creation and value extraction.
- Move towards the very disruption that challenges you and your customers.
- Elevate your Impact in the Five Critical Dimensions that clients and customers value most during times of rapid change.
- Elevate your Perspective by learning at the ‘Edge of Disruption’ and becoming a thought leader in the business models of tomorrow.
- Elevate your Relationships to position you not just as a trusted adviser but as a strategic partner for your customers.
- Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position.
- Growth in uncertain times
Turning challenge into opportunity and disruption into competitive advantage
Stimulating a culture of growth amidst uncertainty begins with leaders taking ownership for their changed reality and balancing the need for prompt action with the need to maintain the capacity, capability, and engagement required to make the most of the massive opportunities that inevitably emerge from crisis.
- High performance in a virtual world
Maintaining a culture of accountability and high engagement in a Covid-19 world
The truth is people don’t really know how to work together as effectively virtually, but with the right mindset, team dynamics, and environment, a leader can intentionally curate a culture of accountability, innovation and high engagement even in a remote setting. Culture is a science, not an art and there is a blueprint for driving high performance in a work-world defined by social distance norms.
- Leading with intentional optimism
Make the shift from defense to offense and seize the opportunities in disruption
Leaders must be pragmatic in the face of the real challenges presented by Covid-19, however at some point they must choose whether they are going to create their future reality or passively accept their fate. Intentional Optimism is a new way of leading that unleashes the agency and influence we all have over our reality and combines the importance of pragmatism with the power of boldness to position ourselves to make the most of opportunity.
Testimonials for Peter Sheahan
Peter spoke to our 70 most senior leaders about the impact that Generation Y's will have on our culture, leadership and work processes in the coming 3-5 years. He's dynamic, engaging and fun. He uses non-threatening metaphors, and enables people to see things in a new way. He interacts superbly with all ages and styles of managers and enables them to confront their own biases and blind spots. An extremely effective speaker, who I strongly recommend.
Westpac Banking Corporation
I just returned from the Fuji Xerox conference and I thoroughly enjoyed your workshop. Congratulations on such a motivating speech.
Peter's vibrant energetic style engaged the Ericsson team to think about thriving and surviving with Generation Y. He is living proof of Generation Y and turns it on!
Thank you for an entertaining and informative workshop. It was excellent, you are a great engaging presenter.
Not only was Peter entertaining but he was able to communicate with staff of all ages, giving 30 of our most promising staff valuable tools to take away and make a part of their work and personal lives.
Peter clearly spent a great deal of time researching CPA Australia and as a result we were rewarded with an insightful and inspiring presentation that was specifically tailored to our audience. I have heard many motivational speeches but none of them have left such a lasting impression on me as Peter's.
Peter's approach and delivery of "Presenting for a Generation Y Audience" was as motivational as it was practical. The mix of theory, based on Peter's research and wealth of experience, combined with a healthy dose of practice worked a treat. Even though each of the participants had a different style and different story to tell, Peter was able to give each of us that bit of inspiration that we needed to take our individual presentations to the next level.
University of Southern Queensland
Peter Sheahan presented at the New Apprenticeships Centre’s Marketing Forum in August 2004 on Generation Y. All the participants said his presentation was exceptionally informative and worthwhile. Peter provided insights into this largely diverse target group and expertly conveyed his message of how we can best communicate the benefits of New Apprenticeships to this generation both as an employer and a client.
Department of Education Science & Training
Your insights and anecdotes offered real inspiration for our Queensland managers, and feedback following the event has been extremely positive
Australian Institute of Management