Ask about Peter Schofield
- Professor Peter Schofield is Executive Director and CEO of NeuRA (Neuroscience Research Australia)
- He is also a Professor of Medicine of the University of New South Wales.
- He obtained his PhD in genetics from the Australian National University in 1985 and was awarded a DSc from University of New South Wales in 1998 for his work on neurotransmitter receptors.
- Peter’s own research interests focus on understanding how signaling in the brain occurs and identifying genes that lead to neurodegenerative and psychiatric disorders such as Alzheimer's disease and bipolar disorder.
- He has published over 270 papers and his research has been recognised by several prestigious awards, including the AW Campbell Award by the Australian Neuroscience Society, the Boehringer Mannheim Medal by the Australian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, the Gottschalk Medal by the Australian Academy of Science and Research Australia Medical Media Award.
- Stem cell research
- Medical research