- Nick Earls is renowned for the humour and insight he brings to the stories he tells, and for his capacity to entertain as a speaker.
- He regularly appears as a panellist on ABC radio, and has also been a guest on TV shows as diverse as Good News Week and Good Morning India.
- Awards he has won include a NSW Premier’s Literary Award, a Children’s Book Council Book of the Year Award, a Betty Trask Award (UK) and a gold medal at the Independent Publisher Book Awards (USA).
- He has written 27 books for adults, teenagers and children.
- Nick Earls’ work has been adapted into feature films distributed by Warner Brothers and Disney’s Buena International.
- After dinner speeches
From lawyers to librarians to urban tunnellers, Nick Earls has produced entertaining and thought-provoking after-dinner talks for conferences, taking his own anecdotes and experiences and incorporating the event’s key messages and themes.
- This Writing Life
From having an undercover Oscar winner as his publicist to partnering Mal Meninga in a canoe race, Nick Earls looks at what life as a writer can really mean (as well as giving a few hints about how some of his most popular books came about).
- Dealing With Change in the 21st Century
All industries are facing change due to technological advances. Nick Earls offers an entertaining and evidence-based take on what’s changed and changing in publishing, writing and reading, customising any talk to draw in changes faced by his audience.
- Reading in the 21st Century
This century, for many of us, the place of reading in our lives has shifted. In a talk that manages to draw in K-Pop star Psy, the Kardashian-Jenners, the ancient videogame Pong, journals including science and neurology and his own PhD research, Nick Earls reviews these changes, looking deeper than the headlines, and making an entertaining and compelling case for making reading time in all our lives.
- Writing craft and workshops
- Ready and willing to address other topics and formats, and adapt his content and approach to suit.
Students were enthralled .... Despite near 40 degree heat inside our multipurpose hall, Nick had our Junior Secondary cohort (of over 1000 students) completely engaged in his humorous tales, modern references and passion for reading and writing.
Narangba Valley State High School
Brilliant, refined talk … incredibly valuable.
Kingston State College
Nick did a fantastic job at engaging both students and parents at our awards night.
Blackwater State High School