Michael Biercuk Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Michael Biercuk
- Michael is Professor of Quantum Physics and Quantum Technology, and Director of the Quantum Control Laboratory at the University of Sydney.
- He is a Chief Investigator in the ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems.
- Formerly served as a consultant to DARPA, one of the most cutting edge technology development agencies in the US.
- Winner of the 2015 Eureka Prize for Outstanding Early Career Researcher and selected as one of Sydney's 100 most influential people in 2012.
- Is a regular contributor on ABC's The Drum, and has appeared on Q&A.
- Is an accomplished public speaker, with engagements at TEDx Sydney (2016), the Ultimo Science Festival (2013), Sydney Science Festival (2016), Sydney Writer's Festival (2015), and over 100 invited lectures.
Topics for Michael Biercuk
- Quantum technology
Harnessing the most exotic phenomena in quantum physics as resources will be as transformational in the 21st century as harnessing electricity was in the 19th. Hear how the earliest application of quantum technology has already changed the world, and what the future might hold.
- Quantum computing
The development of computers powered by quantum physics will make all of today's most advanced information technology look like the equivalent of pre-industrial tech. Hear the reality of how quantum computing works, how it promises to change the world, and when it might become a reality.