Ask about Matt Barrie
- Matt Barrie is an award winning entrepreneur, technologist and lecturer.
- He is Chief Executive of Freelancer.com, the world's largest outsourcing marketplace connecting more than 8 million professionals from around the globe, and in the top 250 websites globally.
- Freelancer.com primarily connects small businesses and individuals from the western world with freelancers in the developing world, empowering entrepreneurs on both sides of the globe. To date, over 4.6 million projects have been outsourced through Freelancer.com.
- The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences awarded Freelancer.com the "Internet's highest honour" in the 15th Annual Webby Awards as best Employment Site of the Year, as well as the Webby People's Choice Award for the same category- from a field of 10,000 entrants from 60 countries.
- Matt has raised over $40M USD in financing from venture capital, strategic investors and through government grants while running or assisting technology companies.
- Matt is a prolific speaker and has spoken at or featured in the Summit Series, SXSW, the New York Times, Bloomberg TV, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Sunrise, Switzer, BRW and the Economist.
- In 2011 he was named inaugural BRW Entrepreneur of the Year, by Australia's most prestigious business publication and also named the Ernst & Young Technology Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Worth $185m, he's currently listed at 7th place in the BRW Young Rich List.
- In September 2013, he rejected an offer of $434million for his company.
- Online Marketing