- As Sports guru for the Seven Network's SUNRISE program, Mark Beretta OAM continues to shine as one of media's most polished performers. His professional and easy going manner has won him a legion of fans and his appreciation of all sports has him respected by viewers around the country he has covered almost every major international event over his 20 years in sports journalism.
- Mark's own sporting achievements are not insignificant. He is a 10-time Australian Water Ski champion, a silver medallist at the Singapore International Masters, and held a U.S. Regional record. His interests include running, golf, tennis and flying.
- While sport has always been his first love, Mark's other interests initially led him to the corporate sector. After graduating with an Engineering Degree, Mark worked with BHP and Honeywell.
- Mark continues to be a popular choice to host, MC or as an after dinner speaker corporate and sporting events.
- Received the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for service to the community through charitable organisations, 2021.
- Master of ceremonies
- Corporate host
Great recommendation from ICMI (Libby). Mark was thoroughly professional and a nice guy to boot.
Royal National Capital Agricultural Society (RNCAS)
Thank you for the wonderful job that you did as Master Of Ceremonies at the PGA Gala Dinner at the Star City Casino. Over the years we have had many MC's but I can assure you, none better than yourself. Your professionalism and relaxed demeanor made it extremely easy for our staff and all involved to work with you. We look forward to maintaining a close relationship.
Professional Golfers Association Of Australia
Thank you for your role as Master of Ceremonies for the Winter Olympics Welcome Home function attended by Prime Minister John Howard. Everyone is raving about it at the AOC, and very happy with your role.
Australian Olympic Committee
Thanks for your MC expertise on Wednesday.. it all went off really well.. you were great, so warm and natural!
12 Parasols Public Relations
Everyone was thrilled with the entire lunch and the compliments keep rolling in - it couldn't have been done without your help.
PR & Communications Manager
Surf Life Saving Australia
You were charming, warm, humourous and unflappable - in short simply terrific! I hope we have the opportunity to benefit from your presence, expertise, and good will in the future!
Information and Support Services, MS Society