Dr Leslie Cannold Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dr Leslie Cannold
- Dr Leslie Cannold is a widely read and respected author, educator and human rights advocate with an international reputation.
- TEDx talk 34,000 views and counting; Invited plenary speaker to 7000 delegates at Global Women Deliver Conference in Copenhagen.
- Winner Australian Humanist of the Year in 2011 and EVA award for best column on intimate partner violence.
- Named by Fairfax and Power Index named as one of Australia’s most influential thinkers and women.
- Longtime education & ethics columnist and regular media commentator for Channel 10's 7PM Project, ABC's Lateline, Q&A, Moral Compass, 7.30 Report and Triple J.
- Dynamic keynote speaker and experienced workshop and panel presenter.
- Will tailor existing presentation topics to meet client brief.
Topics for Dr Leslie Cannold
- Social License, Ethical Leadership and How Australian Businesses Can Restore Trust after the Banking Commission
A lot of folks have expressed surprise about the depth of institutional indifference, greed and corruption exposed by the Australian Royal Commission into the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry. But not Leslie. “For more than twenty years I’ve received countless invitations to join boards and talk to leaders and employees in the health, educational and public service sectors about social license, trust, business ethics and ethical leadership. But I can count the invitations I’ve had from the banking and finance sector on the fingers of one hand. Who knew the problems in the finance sector were so broad and deep? Sadly, I did.”
Looking for a speaker who doesn’t pull punches? Who gets that structural incentives and safeguards are as important as ethical leadership and personal integrity in changing the culture of the banking, superannuation and financial services industry? Who can support your management teams and employees to understand what the Banking Royal Commission means for them - both within and outside of the workplace - and what they must to restore trust and maintain their social license to operate?
Dr Leslie Cannold has the academic credentials and business experience to impress, connect and engage your board, management team and employees. An Associate Professor at Griffith University’s Department of International Business and Asian Studies, Leslie has been a risk manager and health regulator in the private, NGO and public sector for more than 15 years. Twice voted one of Australia’s most influential brains and was the 2011 Humanist of the Year, she brings humour, passion and common sense to the discussions about how Australian businesses can articulate new standards of conduct and transform their cultures and structures to ensure they are ones that no one walks past.
- Inspirational Leadership
- The Future for Women in Leadership
- Work / Life Balance and Diversity
- Gender equity: an inclusive effective agenda for men and women
- The Ethical Choices Everyone Must Make
- Evening the Odds: Gender Agenda
- Work/Life Balance for Men and Women
- How to Survive Failure
- Respectful relationships
- Young People and Information and Communication Technologies
- Let’s Talk about Sex (workshops for parents, educators and kids)
Testimonials for Dr Leslie Cannold
I was one of the people who came to see you after your address yesterday morning which resonated with me both professionally and personally. Like you, I think I’m hard wired to do the right thing every time...Despite having regular exposure to leadership development at a high level, I have never heard anyone speak like you did yesterday…
Energy Power Systems Australia
Dr Leslie Cannold was a guest speaker this year at the Executive Link Leadership Program, her presentation was most interesting and challenging, really getting to the nub of the tough intractable dilemmas that we face in the health system. Her capacity to both engage and entertain was remarkable, we are planning on using her for other events, I have no hesitation in recommending her, especially to help leaders develop new thinking to solve ‘wicked’ problems.
People & Culture, Alfred Health
Congratulations on your role as guest speaker at my VC Awards for Excellence event. Your talk was thought-provoking and challenging, and your audience appreciated every minute.
Vice Chancellor FTSE
Southern Cross University
Leslie Cannold was chosen as a keynote speaker for our celebrant conference because of her high media profile, her speaking skills and her proven academic attainment. Her chosen theme was most relevant to the conference program...She spoke clearly and effectively with exceptional body language, dealing with questions in a direct and personable way. The audience reaction was clear. 95% rated the speech excellent.
Monash University Civil Celebrants
Thank you so much for being a part of The Panel. We have been wanting to do this for a few years and it came together exactly as we hoped it would. Your input was excellent!
National Employment Services Association (NESA)
Leslie knows her topic thoroughly. She delivers an interesting and entertaining presentation, with excellent examples that people can relate to and understand. Her presentation style is engaging, intelligent, and she delivers with a sense of humour, optimism and positivity. She is an engaging, thought provoking and change-making speaker.
Hume City Council
Excellent. Leslie’s key note presentation at the Excellence Awards evening for Northeast Health Wangaratta was stimulating and inspiring. Staff are wanting to know when we are getting her back for a longer presentation and discussion.
Northwest Health Wangaratta
Leslie's address was everything we'd hoped and more. She was inspiring and an absolute pleasure to deal with.
Bayside Medicare Local