Leila Gurruwiwi Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Leila Gurruwiwi
- Leila Gurruwiwi is a proud Yolngu woman originally from Galiwinku on Elcho Island in North East Arnhem land who started her career on the The Marngrook Footy Show in 2017. She presents the news, injury report, interviewing current and former Indigenous and non-Indigenous footballers as well as having a women’s tipping segment called 'Tiddas Tips'.
- Leila Gurruwiwi has been a regular panellist alongside Gilbert McAdam, Grant Hansen and Shelley Ware.
- Leila Gurruwiwi is an Indigenous Support Worker, helping schools create a culturally safe space for Indigenous students to study and create passion for the Indigenous culture in both Indigenous and non-Indigenous students and staff alike.
- Leila Gurruwiwi has performed in shows such as KAGE’s Team of Life, ABC’s Secret River and ABC’s Glitch.
- As an MC, Leila Gurruwiwi has hosted a number of events in Victoria and interstate and is also a cultural awareness speaker in schools across Melbourne.
- Liela Gurruwiwi is a former Deadly Sista Girlz mentor at the Wirrpanda Foundation, mentoring Young Indigenous Girls in Schools in Melbourne and Regional Victoria.
Topics for Leila Gurruwiwi
- Cultural awareness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Master of ceremonies