Lara Hyams Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Lara Hyams
- Lara Hyams is a highly-accomplished journalist with almost 20 years experience.
- She prides herself on her ability to deliver engaging content in a “light and shade” format.
- Lara is a confident presenter able to work across television and radio in a live and pre-recorded format.
- Lara is an ambassador for COPE – an organisation dedicated towards improving the mental health of new parents.
- She can be seen and heard on the ABC News Channel, ABC News Breakfast, ABC 702 and ABC News Radio.
- Lara is also a DJ with an interest in digital and vinyl and has appeared on various ABC programs to discuss music.
Topics for Lara Hyams
- Master of ceremonies
Testimonials for Lara Hyams
Lara is a smooth operator who is brilliant at thinking on her feet. She's quick witted, funny and smart - skills she displays daily on "ABC News Breakfast".
ABC News Breakfast Presenter / Host
Lara Hyams is the life of the party in our TV newsroom and one of the smartest, funniest women I know. She brings a great mix of life experience, warmth, empathy and a devilish sense of humour to any conversation.
ABC News Sydney
The self-proclaimed Steven Bradbury of Australian Journalism, Lara Hyams is a force to be reckoned with. Whether it’s bringing the energy through our screens as an ABC Presenter and journalist, laying down some beats as a DJ or being an ambassador and role model for mum’s across the country tackling postnatal depression, Lara entertains us all in her personable, positive and engaging way.
Short Back & Sidewalks
2022 Australian of The Year Western Australia’s Local Hero
Lara Hyams shared her story as part of COPE’s national The Truth campaign. Her openness and candour, particularly around her experience of intrusive thoughts during the postnatal period resonated with many – and has helped bust stigma around what is often a taboo and frightening aspect of new parenthood. Lara shares her experiences, and handles the stories of others, with care, grace, and humour. We are so grateful for the passion Lara shows in raising awareness of the struggles faced by new and expectant parents in her role as COPE Ambassador.
Centre of Perinatal Excellence (COPE)