Kate Roffey Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Kate Roffey
- Kate Roffey was appointed CEO of Melbourne Sports Centres in 2022.
- In 2021, Kate became the President of the Melbourne Football Club, the first female to hold this position in the Club's more than 160-year history. She was one of the components which changed the culture of the club, leading them to win the 2021 AFL Premiership against the Western Bulldogs.
- She is the former Director of Deals, Investments & Major Projects, City of Wyndham.
- Kate is the current chair of Metro Trains Advisory Board, a member of Victoria University Council, member of Ministerial Planning and Building Approval Process Review Board and member of Ministerial Freight Advisory Committee.
- She is the former Chair of Victorian Regional Channels Authority, former Chief Executive Officer, Committee of Melbourne, former Manager - Melbourne Park Redevelopment & Government Business, Tennis Australia and former Chief Executive Officer, VicSport.
- Kate is a founding member of International Women’s Foundation Australian Chapter.
- Graduate Diploma – Company Director (Australian Institute of Company Directors).
Topics for Kate Roffey
- Infrastructure funding, financing and delivery
- Complex commercial and legal negotiations
- Negotiating multi-million dollar investments
- Precinct masterplan development and delivery
- Long-term strategic thinking and vision
- Industry leadership and motivation
- Organisational transformation and growth
- Forging and leading high-performance teams
- Advocacy and influence
- Political engagement
Testimonials for Kate Roffey
Kate Roffey was engaging and relevant, she was a delight to deal with in the prep, and in the delegate feedback she was very highly rated!
Partner and Prosper
Kate Roffey was approachable, engaging and professional. She stuck to the brief really well and imparted some great wisdom on our staff.
Recently, I was asked by a global advertising agency to moderate a Q&A. I was tasked to find two females that I considered to be leaders in the sports world, with deep experiences at the boardroom table and as a mentor to young women in business. Kate Roffey immediately sprang to mind, without question. Kate has an incredible breadth of experience, and she speaks with conviction steeped in confidence from her years of experience and inherent intelligence. I’ve seen her speak in a room full of hundreds of sports execs, as well as a room of eager students. In any environment, she communicates clearly and in a way that resonates with every audience – she surely has the gift of how to read an audience. Beyond being a riveting speaker, she is also a very good listener, which sets her apart from most. Moderators enjoy interviewing Kate because she always listens deeply to the question and keeps the conversation upbeat, with audiences always leaving with powerful takeaways. I could not recommend Kate more highly for any speaking engagement that comes her way.
Head of Global Communications
MKTG Sports + Entertainment
Head of PR
Angel City Football Club (US)
Kate has consistently been described as a force of nature and lives up to that reputation with her in-ate ability to craft out of the box city shaping deals and leverage multi-partner investment to generate community benefit. Kate is an entertaining and motivational speaker and connects with her audience and key stakeholders with humour and authenticity and leaves a lasting impression. Kate is a trail blazer and inspires the next generation of leaders.
City of Hobart
It was lovely to meet you today at the Money in Sport Conference. As an aspiring female in the sports industry, I took a lot from your words today. I look forward to watching what you accomplish next! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation today!